I paid a deposit in October 2008 for a property in Duquesa, marketed by Property4Abroad (the agent) and the vendor listed as Prienesur. After 1 year of promises that the contract was ready for signing, they tried to increase the price. I refused and asked for my money back. The agent Property4Abroad then said they would do the deal at the same price, but again no contract has been sent to me. I have now asked for my depsoit back again, and am being told that under Spanish Property law the original contract is ongoing with no end date as none was originally agreed in the deposit form (despite the deposit form saying that a contract outlining the terms and conditions needed to be supplied in 21 days by the vendor, which didnt happen) To be really helpful the Agent has now said that I need to instruct a lawyer if I want the deposit back. Apart from the unethical approach, my view is that any reasonable court would say that a 14 month period without even receiving a contract to sign or agree a date would invalidate any deposit terms and conditions. I woudl welcome your views