Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Incorrect Catastro

Unregistered

Default Incorrect Catastro

How do you correct and incorrect Catastro? Our escritura shows that we own 2007m2 land on which our house is built and this is all fenced. However there is no division on the southern boundary on the Catastro between our land and the owner of the empty plot in front of us.

I presume you have a printed recent copy of the descriptiva y grafica of your land,you can print an up-to-date one from the Ministero de Economia Y Hacienda website using your catastral number.If you visit to your local Land Registry you will be able to search the land next to you and get the owners and purchase details and perhaps the catastral number,with this you can print a copy of the land boundery.As your land is fenced,then any one that wanted to build on "your" land would have to proove ownership,the details you get from your searches will prove valuable in any dispute.

My catastro was changed to include land i owned and was mentioned in the escritura but did not show on the catastral certificate,you need a topografical survey that shows the bounderies that are mentioned in the escritura and then make a application to hacienda who will send this infomation to all neighbors to see if they object.
    It can take up to a year...........brian

Hello,

The Catastro can be amended though the process is lengthy even if it is quite simple. Without seeing the documentation we are unable to give you exact information, but the process will require the existence of a file of alignment verification ( which is provided by an architect ot technical architect), submission of the corresponding certificate, architect report, location map, and other domentation related with the land and property. An applicatiom form is later filled out to apply for the rectification which must be taken to the Urban Department of the town hall, that is later sent to the Catastro. Once this is done, the process is extended in time as the documentation has to go back to the Urban department and after 1-2 years they finalise the file correcting the Catastro.

I trust this information is of help.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile