Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Evict a Tenant who is not Paying the Rent

beth

Default How to Evict a Tenant who is not Paying the Rent

My husband and i are late paying our rent. We did not pay at the beginning of March or April. Our landlady is threatening leagal action. We will have the situation rectified within 6 weeks. We have a 5 year contract and have been living in the apartment for 18 months. Please advise what legal action the landlady can take. Do you think we will be evicted and if we pay up in full within 6 weeks of now do you think it will be ok? Thanks

The landlord can hire a lawyer an initiate a formal eviction procedure against you. This takes on average 8-12 months.

anonymous

My tennant is not paying rent in my furnished apartment I am concerned he will take them and leave, can i remove the furnishings and put them into storage before he has the chance.

I'm afraid you cannot. You cannot enter the property without the express prior permission of your tenant.

If you do so, it may be regarded as trespassing and you can be reported to the Police by your tenant.

kevin nicklin

hi we have a couple of moroccon tenants in our spanish apartment who have not paid rent for 2 months and are refusing to move out im told we can not turn the services off but can we take all our furniture out

Dear Sir,

You canot even enter the property without their express written permission, much less remove any furniture.

You risk being reported to the Police for trespassing.

Please read this thread:

http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/foru...read.php?t=207
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 04-28-2009 at 02:20 PM.

kevin nicklin

ive just had a reply from a lawer in spain about evicting 2 tenants that have not paid rent for 2 months and have been told that the cost will be 1400 euros of which i can not afford at present can i claim it back from tenants or against the letting agent who is supposed to be looking after my interests but seems to be on the side of the tenants even though i did not sign the tenancy agreement he did

kevin nicklin

hi ive read your article on changing the locks but does it work in reverse my agent has told me the tenants are going to change the locks is this a criminal offence

Dear Sir,

You would have to pau your lawyer up front for these expenses.

Frankly I doubt you will recover it from your tenants.

You cannot claim it back from your estate agents.

kevin nicklin

having tenants you want to evict for non payment of rent is it also illegal for someone to enter apartment when tenants are out remove their belongings and change the lock and also if illegal what are the penalties