Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Is Marcelo Belgrano Ledesma a registered lawyer in Spain?

Sam

Default Is Marcelo Belgrano Ledesma a registered lawyer in Spain?

I have been contacted by a Spanish company claiming to work for the government who are saying they have some money for me on some shares i lost a few years ago. They have asked that i pay the 16% tax that the Spanish law says i have to pay before they sent the money to me. the company in question is marcelo belgrano www.belgranoledesma.com may help you further.

I seek your professional advice i have tried the number on the website but my Spanish is limited and they put the phone down!!

You help with this is greatly appreciated it has me questioning as to whether its a scam??

Dear Sir or Madam,

There is a legitimate registered lawyer in Spain under the name "Marcelo Juan Mariano Belgrano Ledesma". His address is exactly the same as the one quoted on the above webpage. What differs is the telephone number. The phony website gives a cell phone starting with +6...Legitimate Spanish law firms do not have as contact numbers cell phones, they give landlines.

Besides the above webpage was registered on the 25th September 2009.

I've phoned him this afternoon and he has confirmed it is indeed a scam, probably Nigerian, which has been reported already by him to the Police and the Law Society.

The law firm you quote, Marcelo Belgrano Ledesma Abogados Limited, is a scam, yes. They have unlawfully taken the name of a legitimate registered lawyer to fool and mislead potential victims.

Do not send them any funds.

Please read our article on bogus law firms and lawyers operating from Spain which are giving a bad name to legitimate Spanish lawyers:

Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms -13th March 2009

Yours sincerely,
    Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt

Unregistered

Default Belgrano Ledesma - Are they genuine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have been contacted by a Spanish company claiming to work for the government who are saying they have some money for me on some shares i lost a few years ago. They have asked that i pay the 16% tax that the Spanish law says i have to pay before they sent the money to me. the company in question is marcelo belgrano www.belgranoledesma.com may help you further.

I seek your professional advice i have tried the number on the website but my Spanish is limited and they put the phone down!!

You help with this is greatly appreciated it has me questioning as to whether its a scam??

I have had a similar call, following up a call from November saying my cheque is waiting and runs out in 3 days......I need to fly to Madrid to collect it / pay the tax.

They gave me the solicitors home number (apparently broke his leg skiing) but it starts with a 6 which I am fairly sure is a mobile number.

He gave me the name of someone in the tax department, a Chris Thompson, who also has a number with a 6 in it.

Has anyone spoken to the genuine lawyer whose name is being used?

JM

Yes I spoked with him personally, as I write in my above post.

He has already reported his name being used unlawfully by these fraudsters.

Do not send them any funds.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default Spanish Tax

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have had a similar call, following up a call from November saying my cheque is waiting and runs out in 3 days......I need to fly to Madrid to collect it / pay the tax.

They gave me the solicitors home number (apparently broke his leg skiing) but it starts with a 6 which I am fairly sure is a mobile number.

He gave me the name of someone in the tax department, a Chris Thompson, who also has a number with a 6 in it.

Has anyone spoken to the genuine lawyer whose name is being used?

JM
    Same type of storey pay the tax before getting the cheque, dont do it guys this company been trying to get money out of me since September its a con i checked out the account they want you to pay in its not Spanish tax dept its a personal account.
    Calls from again a Mr Thompson pretending to work for tax dept and then Mr Belgrano just
    dont fall for it this company Marcelo Belgrano Ledesma is not genuine!!!
    Anyone heard of ALEXANDER ROTHKO in Barcelona??

Unregistered

Default Steve Fox

Yep, got done by Alexander Rothko a few years ago, buying O2 Secure Wireless shares and this con man tried to get me to pay the taxes to get a refund (that was bigger than my initial 'investment'). Even emailed a picture of the chq waiting for me. Same bloke - same broken leg. Keep well away.