Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oal Partners

Unregistered

Thumbs down

oh well it would be lovely. we are in Australia and friends in New Zealand recieved one to. Obviously world wide.

Unregistered

Angry disgusting scams

Hi! My husband got a same letter today! I opened it and my first thought was this is a swindle. A Flavio Hernandez sent, but he couldn't sign his e-mail originally, because that the handwrite type sing is printed, too.:-) And "funniest" part is the fifty-fifty sharing with him!:-)
    But seriosly, I am really mad, that they don't any feelings using for their dirty works such a huge tragedy like the tsunami in 2004. Who will stop them? Maybe we, who get such a mail and don't contact them, if they are not finding loosers, after all keep up, I hope so. But I know it's very hard to resist temptation of the big money.

Unregistered

Default Oal Partners

I also received a letter from Gilbert Molnar at Oal Partners. Supposedly his client who has tons of money died in the tsunami and he has money in the vault that can only be retrieved with my help as I have the same last name (weird thing is that my last name is so rare especially for Spain). The bottom line: after I went along talking to him via email for some time, he requested that I must pay some court fee to verify my identity - so I guess that's how they get people. Any ways I am listing below all the names from Oal Partners website in hope that if any one else searches for these names on the internet they will come across this forum.
    Alejandro S. Garcia
    Giselle Van Meer
    Gilbert Molnar
    Flavio Hernandez
    Wrightson Ibiricu
    Sandra Payno
    Alberto Carrunda

Unregistered

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,

I received the same lettre at 19th march 2010, i lived in québec, canada. The letter talk about a deceased members in a Tsunami in 2007. I would like to know if is same for you. The letter was signed by Barrister Giselle Van Meer, from OAL Partners, and he called me saturday. But, it sound like a scam.

^*********************
    LLOL I'm not along with this Barrister Giselle Van Meer.
    But my "cousin" was dead on 2004..... llol that have to STOP !!!!
    and on the end WE will laugh :-)

Good lock everyone and God Bless you All,
    BUT
    never forget God love you all !!!

Unregistered

Default Scam

My sister in NY recieved a letter from Marcos Diego Asociados in Spain today (5/8/10) with the same information regarding a inheritance from a tsunami victim. Just wanted to let you know the scammer must have changed his name.
    Thanks for the helpful information about the scam.

Anonymous

My sister in NY recieved a letter from Marcos Diego Asociados in Spain today (5/8/10) with the same information regarding a inheritance from a tsunami victim. Just wanted to let you know the scammer must have changed his name.
    My mother just received the very same letter from Marcos Diego Asociados, about a tsunami victim, who happens to be a business magnate in Spain for fifteen years. And I came across this page while researching whether it could be legit (having my serious doubts obviously).

We live in Denmark, for the record, so it's going around the world I'd say.

So I also came across their website:
    http://marcosdiego.com/index.php

Which is an exact copy of the one you guys in here posted:
    http://www.oalpartners.com/index.php

With minor text changes and a layout change. Another thing is;

Their whois, gives the exact same data as well, well close to;

http://www.whois.net/whois/oalpartners.com
    http://www.whois.net/whois/marcosdiego.com

Anyway. I want to thank you guys for making it a lot easier to figure out that this was a scam, or rather the guy who posted about his sister just now.

Figured I owed it to you to share some of what I found. Good luck to whoever gets this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

Figured I owed it to you to share some of what I found. Good luck to whoever gets this.
    Thank you for sharing.

As you correctly point out, they have ripped off the wording from legitimate Spanish law firm's website Dr Crespo (OAL Partners also did the same thing, probably the same person behind both):

Spot the Differences! (Disclaimer: no prizes shall be given!)

Dr Crespo's wording: (legitimate Spanish law firm)

http://www.drcrespo.com/company.asp

"Dr. Crespo & Partners, International Lawyers, SRL is an established and well-known firm. We can be found in the Costa Blanca, Spain, in the cities of Denia and Teulada-Moraira .

With a complement of lawyers, chartered accountants and qualified staff fluent in a number of languages, we offer a service geared to the personal needs of the individual client and offer service in all matters throughout Spain.

We are now forging stronger links with colleagues throughout Europe and thereby provide clients with accurate, sound advice on foreign systems of law. We are founders of the international group LEGAL21.

We pride ourselves not only on our personal service but also on our ability to respond immediately and effectively to a client's needs. We aim to recognise and eliminate potential problems before they arise.

Our objective is to achieve the best result for our clients, both residents and non-residents. We work closely with many other experts providing our clients with a comprehensive service.

The areas we cover are:

PROPERTY SERVICE . CONVEYANCING
    COMPANY AND COMMERCIAL LAW
    TAXATION
    LITIGATION
    PRIVATE AND FAMILY SERVICE. WILLS. SUCCESION LAW
    FAMILY OFFICE

All files are kept in our offices and we pride ourselves on knowing our clients personally so that we can anticipate their needs and provide them with an efficient friendly service."

Bogus law firm Marcos Diego Associado's wording:

http://marcosdiego.com/The-Firm.php

"Marcos Diego Asociados, SRL is an established and well-known firm. We can be found in the capital Madrid, Spain, in the cities of Barcelona and Tarragona .

With a complement of lawyers, chartered accountants and qualified staff fluent in a number of languages, we offer a service geared to the personal needs of the individual client and offer service in all matters throughout Spain.

We are now forging stronger links with colleagues throughout Europe and thereby provide clients with accurate, sound advice on foreign systems of law.

We pride ourselves not only on our personal service but also on our ability to respond immediately and effectively to a client's needs. We aim to recognise and eliminate potential problems before they arise.

Our objective is to achieve the best result for our clients, both residents and non-residents. We work closely with many other experts providing our clients with a comprehensive service.

The areas we cover are:

•PROPERTY SERVICE . CONVEYANCING
    •COMPANY AND COMMERCIAL LAW
    •TAXATION
    •LITIGATION
    •PRIVATE AND FAMILY SERVICE. WILLS. SUCCESION LAW
    •FAMILY OFFICE

All files are kept in our offices and we pride ourselves on knowing our clients personally so that we can anticipate their needs and provide them with an efficient friendly service."

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 05-11-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Unregistered

Default Marcos Diego Asociados Scam

I'm one more persone who recived the same letter from Marcos Diego Asociados yesterday.
    My "relative" (same as mine, rare last name) was a " business magnate in Spain, for fifteen years" and he "died along with his family during the Tsunami catastophe" in 2004.
    Letter was sign by Mr. Hugo Sanchez (esq.). He got my name through the USA public records.
    Thank you for the information
    Potential victim of the scam from Detroit, Michigan

Unregistered

Smile Marcos Diego

I live in British Columbia Canada and just received this wonderful letter today - obviously a scam but your website and this forum made it easy to verify - thank you

You are welcome.