Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oal Partners

Unregistered

Default Oal Partners

Hello. A family member has recently recieved a letter, claiming she is a long-lost relative of a deceased family member in Spain. The letter is from a Wrightson Ibiricu from OAL Partners. The website is [http://www.oalpartners.com] I was wondering if you could look up this law firm and let me know if it is legitimate or a scam.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello. A family member has recently recieved a letter, claiming she is a long-lost relative of a deceased family member in Spain. The letter is from a Wrightson Ibiricu from OAL Partners. The website is http://www.oalpartners.com/ I was wondering if you could look up this law firm and let me know if it is legitimate or a scam.

Thank you.
    It is a scam as you suspected, yes.

They have cloned the website of legitimate Spanish law firm Dr Crespo:

http://www.drcrespo.com/

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 03-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Unregistered

Default Wrightson Ibiricu

FYI I received the same letter in Canada, posted from Valencia 05-03-10.
    Poor English, plain envelope (no letterhead) and it is an old scam - pretty obvious.
    How far has this gone globally?
    Any idea of how they generate their mailing list?

Unregistered

Angry Fraud letter

My Mom just received a letter in Canada today from a Alejandro S Garcia. Great English but very basic letter if it really came from a lawyer

Unregistered

Default same for me

Hi,

I received the same lettre at 19th march 2010, i lived in québec, canada. The letter talk about a deceased members in a Tsunami in 2007. I would like to know if is same for you. The letter was signed by Barrister Giselle Van Meer, from OAL Partners, and he called me saturday. But, it sound like a scam.

Unregistered

Default Oal Partners

I got the Tsunami letter here in BC, Canada. I work at a bank and I talk to people who fall for these all the time.

Unregistered

Hello,

I wonder how these clammers take them to extract money from victims. In their letter they state that they charge no fee, only a percentage once the famous collective investment certificate.

What worries me is that the person contacted me by phone and he has my address, can they do anything with this information, like having access to my bank account, apply for credit cards in my name, etc..

Let me say that I live in Quebec. Moreover, how can we stop these scammers, is that justice can do something against them.

Best regards,

Unregistered

Default I received a letter

Hello,
    I just received a letter from Barrister Golder Molnar of the OAL Partners S.L, Spain who also wrote about their client who has the same last name I do. I knew right away that it is a scam - there is no return address on the envelope, very poor English... I also worry about them having all this information that includes our addresses and legal names. 3 years ago we were scammed and lost almost $7,000.00. Now I get very panicking when I get something like this. Is there anything that can be done to stop those morons? Can those letters be tracked by FBI or Interpol? People loose thousands of dollars every year and if you check the statistics - every year the number of people that had been laid to grow dramatically. We all are willing to cooperate, let’s do something about it!

Unregistered

Default Letter

I received the same letter in Michigan. There has got to be a way to stop these people.

Unregistered

Default I just got one too....

I live in Sweden and received the same one from a Barrister: Wrightson Ibiricu. I have done some research and they don't use the term "Barrister" in spanish law!! I'm waiting to receive a reply from the real law firm!