Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: American looking to study law in Spain

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default American looking to study law in Spain

Hello,

I'm from the United States and have been contemplating studying law in Spain. I have already graduated with a bachelor's degree in Spanish and Political Science and am deciding between law school in the United States or Law school in Spain. If I decide to study law in Spain, what is the process? Do I have to get my "bachelors in law" from an accredidted institution such as IE Madrid? I eventually plan on getting an L.L.M but first want to know what I have to study law in Spain.

Saludos

Unregistered

Default edit:

...want to know what i have to DO to study law in Spain...

Dear Sir or Madam,

You already have plenty of threads on this matter:

Studying Law in Spain (in Spanish) ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    Unregistered

homolgate your degree to spain

sarahmorrison

how can i study law master in spanish?
    firas

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default Thanks for your reply

Lawbird Lawyer,

I've browsed the forums already and they've been very helpful. However, one question still remains: If I want to practice law in Spain--even though I have a bachelor's degree from the EEUU--what would be the first step? Do I get a "Master's in Law" or do I get a "Titulacion de Grado"? It seems that there are various ways to obtain a law degree in Spain and I'm not sure which path to go. I would assume a "Master's in Law" because I already have a bachelor's degree. But what confuses me, under the "Grado" section of various university websites, they also offer courses in law.

Kindest Regards.

Dear Sir,

I believe you are confusing terms.

If you want to study a Law degree (LL.B.) in Spain you should contact the univeristy in Spain in which you are interested and request the entrance details. We do not provide advice on such matters as they are not law related.

If what you are looking is to study a Master in Law (LL.M.) degree the requirements are explained clearly in the threads quoted above.

If what you are looking is to practice law in Spain you have to contact Spain's Education Ministry to have your law degree homologated. Their website is in English. Once you have successfully homologated your law degree you must join one of Spain's Bar Associations.

Yours faithfully,

Glad to learn about these European universities. My friend got the best courseware and sample question papers from online LSAT classes. Prepared well and achieved quite good marks. Suggested the same to my brother for his entrance exam soon. Hope he also sails in the same boat.