Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Hello Hannah,

I believe that question must be asked in a British Immigration Law forum, as this one is only related to Immigrating to Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Red face Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Hello Dennis. There has been no change with regards to this.
    Hi!
    I´m a Filipina and a resident of Spain for 2 years now. May I know the requirements, how long is the processing and lastly, do I have to master the Spanish language before qualifying the Spanish Citizenship? Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
    Dinah

Aleksandar

Default Thanks

I'm greatfull cause of this site, my future Filipina wife will be happy, cause her grandfather was Spanish.
    I might say,it's such shame that Spain lost influence on Philipinese, cause Spain has much better culture than USA.

jtrbarnaiz

Red face 3rd Generation Spanish Filipino wanting dual citizenship

Hi! I'm new to this forum, and would like to know if anyone can help enlighten me with regards the requirements, documents, and procedure in applying for dual citizenship (Spanish & Filipino).

Both my grandparents (father's side) are Spanish, with my grandmother being born in Spain. My father and his siblings were already granted dual citizenship in 2012 without their having to reside in Spain for any period of time by using my paternal grandmother's papers. I would like to know if I can apply for dual citizenship based on my grandmother's (and now my father's) papers as well? Would I need to reside in Spain for any amount of time to get my citizenship? How do I go about my application, and what documents are needed?

Really hope you guys can help me! Thanks!

Unregistered

Default Renewal of visa no lucrativa residency & citizenship

Hi,

I am also a Filipino citizen that has been living in Spain for almost the past year on a non-lucrative residency card. I have two questions:

1. What is the process for renewing my non-lucrative residency? Do I have to repeat the entire process to get a new non-lucrative visa as I did initially (including apostilles, FBI records, etc)? Or is it a simple renewal process at the Oficina de Extranjeros? What documents are required for this process?

2. Does living in Spain for two years under the non-lucrative residency qualify for/satisfy the residency requirement for citizenship?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Antonio

Unregistered

patricia, i am same position as poster above. you have advice on issue?

Default Want to confirm some questions that I have in mind about living in Spain

Hello.
    First of all I am so glad that I was able to find this website. It did gave me some information that I need.
    Also, I do have some specific queries. Hope you can help.

I am from the Philippines. My spanish boyfriend and I are planning to get Married in Spain. I have read some other information(requirements) over the internet but I want to confirm it here.

1.Since I am not Spanish national (non-Eu citizen), Am I required to live in Spain for 2 years before we get married or this is only required for my Spanish boyfriend (that he should be at least a resident in Spain for 2 years)?
    Another requirement that I have read over the internet is this thing called "Empadronamiento(Census)". Can I apply or register for this while I am visiting my boyfriend in Spain and I am just using a tourist visa?

2.For example, if we are already married then I go back here in the Philippines and I'll stay here let say for 2 months then I am planning to go back again in Spain, do I still need to apply for a tourist visa (if for example my tourist visa is already expired)? or not at all since I am already married to my spanish boyfriend?

3.Also, say for example again if we are already married, am I allowed to apply directly for the so called "Tarjeta de residencia de familiar no comunitario de ciudadano de la Union" or "Residence card"?
    Once I have already the Residence card(which allows me to live and work for 5 years) My question on this is that, Is it also possible for me to live and work to another European countries (Schengen countries?)

Thank you in advance for you help.
    Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Hello jtrbarnaiz,

Please accept my apologies for not replying earlier.

Yes, you can certainly apply for dual citizenship based on the fact that your grandparents are Spanish, however, you will be required to reside in Spain for at least one year in a regular situation. I believe your father was granted Spanish nationality because he was a Spanish citizen by origins, that is, son of a Spanish citizen born in Spain and therefore the residency requirement was not applicable. In your case, as your father has been granted nationality after you being of legal age, you are required to live in Spain for one year before being granted the possibility to apply for your Spanish nationality.

You can check this information at the Ministry of Justice website, nationality section.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,

I am also a Filipino citizen that has been living in Spain for almost the past year on a non-lucrative residency card. I have two questions:

1. What is the process for renewing my non-lucrative residency? Do I have to repeat the entire process to get a new non-lucrative visa as I did initially (including apostilles, FBI records, etc)? Or is it a simple renewal process at the Oficina de Extranjeros? What documents are required for this process?

2. Does living in Spain for two years under the non-lucrative residency qualify for/satisfy the residency requirement for citizenship?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Antonio

Hello Antonio,

You do not have to go through the whole process again, as you are a resident in Spain already. However, you will have to gather again documentation to prove you still have the same financial situation that allows you live in Spain without the need to work as well as fresh certificate of empadronamiento and copy of rental or purchase contract. You will also need to provide with a copy of medical insurance card.

An advantage also is that the renewal application can be filed by administrative post or by Internet, no personal appearance at the Immigration Office is required.

The two years of legal residency ( Non Lucrative residency in your case ), will certainly count toward the nationality application.

Please contact us by email if you need further information.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default spanish citizenship

Good day!

I would just like to make a couple of inquiries :

1. My grandmother is a spanish immigrant who is currently living in the philippines, am can I apply for Spanish citizenship?
    2. If so, what are the requirements when you apply for Spanish citizenship?