The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    Hi Patricia

so this is what i read so far.
    1. need 26k euro to show to the authority that you can sustain living in spain
    2. it doesnt have to be full 730 days(2 years). just need 185 days per year for 2 years

my question is:
    1. that 185 days per year, can i split it like every 2 months i come and go to spain? or it has to be straight 185 days?
    2. im in UAE right now and my family is in Philippines. can i get a citizenship for me first and do a "Petition" for my family? or will they be automatically get the spanish passport too? the kids are under 18 years

my plan is i wont be resigning from my job here in UAE if i can split those 185 days that my current employer can agree to.
    Hello Renzo,

The 183 days per year do not need to be continuous; you can leave every two months if needed.

In response to your second question, note that you will be able to apply for their nationality ( of they live abroad) once you are already a Spanish national, via the Option route, if by then they are under 20 years old. Your wife cannot be included. She need to reside in Spain first and meet the requirements.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Renzo,

The 183 days per year do not need to be continuous; you can leave every two months if needed.

In response to your second question, note that you will be able to apply for their nationality ( of they live abroad) once you are already a Spanish national, via the Option route, if by then they are under 20 years old. Your wife cannot be included. She need to reside in Spain first and meet the requirements.

Regards,

Hi patricia

thanks for replying. so my wife will do the same 2 years process then.

its relieving that i can split those 183 days. you are really helpful

thanks

+ Reply to Thread