Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Unregistered

Default non lucrative visa for filipino citizen..

hi patricia

we are are applying for non lucrative visa together with my wife and 2 yr old son,we are just worried if we can get a visa,basically we have our all documents ready,bank account and money...how long it will take to get the result in non lucrative visa? we have an appointment on june 30 2015 in spanish embassy manila philippines...we have our own house ing malaga spain..do you think we can get the visa or not?were just worried..

thank you

Aron

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Patricia,

I applied for a non-lucrative residence visa via my maternal grandmother who is a Spanish citizen through Ley de Memoria Historica. I understand that I would need to stay in Spain for only one year before applying for citizenship. My application was approved and I was given a Type D visa with a duration of 90 days.

I just want to clarify the following:

a. Is this the non-lucrative residence visa?

b. I was informed by the consulate in the Philippines that the processing for the residency card would be within my first three months in Spain. What documents are required? The Spanish Consulate only gave me back my passport with the stamped residency visa.

Your help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bianca Michaela

hi bianca,

quick question,how long it will take to recived your visa? and what kind of question are they gona ask in embassy in manila,im am filipino citizen,my wife and i and my 2 yrs old son are applying for non lucrative visa..
    we have funds in bank and property in spain..

thank you

Unregistered

hi bianca,

quick question,how long it will take to recived your visa? and what kind of question are they gona ask in embassy in manila,im am filipino citizen,my wife and i and my 2 yrs old son are applying for non lucrative visa..

thank you

thank you sorry i forgot to put my name on it..

Aron

thank you sorry i forgot to put my name on it..

Aron

Hi aaron,

i am too in your case as i applied for Resident (petition) my father is a spanish citizen with spanish passport. I also have my appointment on the 1st of july but it seems that there are problems in my application i am not sure what is tho..

I am applying to obtain my Spanish citizenship by obtaining a resident visa and reside in spain for 1 year.
    I have completed my requirements however, someone has mentioned that the petitioner which is my fathers needs to be in SPAIN in order for me to be approved the residency permit i would like to know how true this is? my father is old and cannot travel..

Can i just go on live in spain even if my father resides here in PH? and obtain my spanish citizenship?

Hoping for your response.. desperately

thank you

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkid View Post
    Hi aaron,

i am too in your case as i applied for Resident (petition) my father is a spanish citizen with spanish passport. I also have my appointment on the 1st of july but it seems that there are problems in my application i am not sure what is tho..

I am applying to obtain my Spanish citizenship by obtaining a resident visa and reside in spain for 1 year.
    I have completed my requirements however, someone has mentioned that the petitioner which is my fathers needs to be in SPAIN in order for me to be approved the residency permit i would like to know how true this is? my father is old and cannot travel..

Can i just go on live in spain even if my father resides here in PH? and obtain my spanish citizenship?

Hoping for your response.. desperately

thank you
    hello pumpkid

regarding your application i suggest that you shud tell the embassy about the status f your father that he cant travell bec.he is to old,and is your mom still in spain? or is she holding spanish passport?i think you can apply for your spanish residency coz your father is holding a spanish passport and you can prove it to them,(thats what i can see in your status) i think you can recover your citizenship in spain..just reply in this thread if everything is ok..goodluck for your application..

Unregistered

Default Australian with Filipino/Spanish grandparents - do I qualify for citizenship?

Hello I'm Australian with Filipino grandmother and Filipino grandfather who has Spanish lineage. Do I qualify for Spanish citizenship after two years residency? I have lived in Spain while on a UK 2 year visa and was able to spend time with family there also, I'd like to return.

Thank you for taking the time to respond,

Ellen

rye

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Dear Rye,

You will be able to opt for Spanish citizenship after having legally resided in Spain for two years. Any time spent as student does not count towards citizenship.
    I am on my phd now and they have revised my residency to "permiso de residencia" from "estudiante." Does this count already for the two year legal residence for citizenship?

thanks.

Unregistered

Default dual citizen

Hi my name is Ramon

My mother is Spanish and my father Filipino. I chose to be a Spanish citizen then later acquired my dual citizenship to get my Filipino passport. I got married a few years ago and to avoid the trouble of Philippine system simply indicated that I was a Filipino citizen in my marriage contract. We now have a child and i placed Spanish for my citizenship in his birth certificate. Will my having placed Filipino in my marriage certificate make him an illegitimate child?

Hello Ramon

Not at all, you can use both nationalities and he is your child as appearing on the birth certificate. He is your legitimate child.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Processing of citizenship

Hi,

I am a Spanish citizen registered under my fathers Libro de familia in Manila Philippines. Now I want to give my son the citizenship as well. The concern is, I got married and now annulled to a filipino citizen. This marriage was never registered in the Spanish consulate. But in my son´s birth certificate this will show. I am now living in Vienna Austria and will be visiting Manila for 3 weeks to fix my sons` citizenship and bring him together with me here. I wanted to know how long is the processing time of my son´s citizenship? what are the requirements? is it possible to fix his citizenship in advance (while in Vienna) to fast tract the processing. I wish that we fly together back here since he is only 9 years old. Hoping for your response. Since I already emailed the Spanish embassy and still no reply. =(

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Theresa