Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Default benefits of a filipino become spanish citizen

hi! my bf applied for a spanish citizenship.its not yet release.i would like to ask if he can petition me since we are not married and he is already separated to her filipina wife.thanks

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Hello Rico,

The processing time is around two years. Any type of work and/ or residence permit will be considered for this purpose except for the student visa.
    Hi Marta,

On the 2 years processing time - is this from the date you first submitted your documents?

I submitted my documents in 2009. Six months after, I was asked to take the exam. Twelve months later more or less, I received my numero de expediente. And six months ago (18 months after I first submitted my documents), they asked me to submit updated documents.

This month, it has been 2 years. When I checked the status online, this is what I got: El expediente ha tenido entrada en esta Subdirección General con fecha 04/10/2010. Está pendiente de informes solicitados con fecha 05/10/2010. what does this mean? Two years from 2010?

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

raypozas

Default Does a Spanish citizen lose his citizenship if he does not continuously register

Hi Marta,

My grandfather, Ramon Lopez-Pozas was Spanish, born in the Philippines to a spanish general( he has a street in Madrid named after him General Lopez-Pozas) who was in charge of the province of Cebu when Spain held the Philippines. He left the Philippines with his father when Spain ceded control to the United States. He came back to the Philippines in 1918 with some people from Tabacalera company which was a tabacco company. He then married my grandmother and bore my father, Jose Thomas Lopez-Pozas and my aunt, Ma Carmen Thomas Lopez-Pozas. Last year i went to the Spanish embassy hoping to apply for spanish citizenshiip but was told by a filipina in charge of applicants that i had to have proof that my father renounced his spanish citizenship before i was born in 1951 in order for that to happen. She showed me a card file that showed that my grandfather had entered the Philippines in 1918 with a certain document(tarjeta not a passport) but that he was a spanish citizen. The card also had my fathers name on it with a passport number which was issued in 1946 right after world war 2 (most documents-birth certificates,marriage certificates were destroyed during the second world war). I told that what she said did not make any sense. If my father renounced his citizenship before i was born then i was not a spanish citizen. She said 'basta' which infuriated me and i asked if i could talk to anyone else and she said no so i left since it was useless( the consulate where we met puts too much power in this woman). Could you clarify this for me? I also have a brother and two sisters.The elder sister and i are both listed as spanish citizens in our birth certificates although we were never registered with the Spanish embassy. My grandfather passed away in 1960.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Marta,

On the 2 years processing time - is this from the date you first submitted your documents?

I submitted my documents in 2009. Six months after, I was asked to take the exam. Twelve months later more or less, I received my numero de expediente. And six months ago (18 months after I first submitted my documents), they asked me to submit updated documents.

This month, it has been 2 years. When I checked the status online, this is what I got: El expediente ha tenido entrada en esta Subdirección General con fecha 04/10/2010. Está pendiente de informes solicitados con fecha 05/10/2010. what does this mean? Two years from 2010?

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
    Any thoughts on this please. Thank you.

Default Spanish Grandfather who applied for naturalization

Hi,
    Our family is trying to find out if we can apply for Spanish citizenship. We found naturalization papers of my grandfather (my mother's father) renouncing his Spanish Citizenship to Filipino. Are we still eligible to apply?
    Thanks

Hello Yeye,

As a grandchild of a individual that was Spanish a national, you could apply for Spanish nationality after one year of legal residence in Spain, as established in the Spanish Civil Code, (Article 22.2.f ).

If you had found those documents earlier you could have applied for Spanish citizenship based on the Ley de Memoria Historica. The citizenship application due to this Law could be filed by those individuals that were born of Spanish parents or grandparents that had to renounce to their nationality for political reasons during the CIvil War; they had to prove their ancestors had left the country between the 18th of July of 1936 and the 31st of December of 1955; otherwise, they could not be considered a refugee and Spanish exiled. However, the deadline to apply based on this Law expired on the 27th December 2011.

As a Filipino, you can also apply for Spanish nationality after two years of legal residency in Spain.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

How easy is it for a Filipino to get Spanish residency/work permit? We had an employee in Singapore but we couldn't get her a visa when we moved to Greece for a contract job, We do however have a house in Spain, so was wondering how easy it would be to get her there, back in our employ and then from Spain we can apply for a uk visa for her after we've been together again for one year, when we then could all move back to the UK?
    Thanks

Hello Mojosing,

The only way that your philipinne employee can apply for legal residency in Spain consodering she has no other roots in Spain is by a salaried work and residence permit, though unfortunately, housework employees are not currently demanded as per the immigration office queaterly list of profession of difficult cover, and thefore those types of permits are not currently being granted.

In the event your employee had family relationships with Spanish or EU citizens living in Spain, she could then be able to apply for residency via a different type of residence permit application.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Rona

Default Spanish citizenship

I was born in Spain of Filipino parents. I had spent my first seven years in Spain. I was brought here in the Philippines when I was a kid by my parents and was not able to get back since then. Now, I am thinking of applying for Spanish citizenship.

Will I be able to gain Spanish citizenship?
    What are the steps I should take and requirements I need for me to gain Spanish citizenship?

Hello Rona,

I would like to have further details of your case, before confirming my advice. When you were born in Spain, did you get any type of Spanish document, a National ID number, NIE, libro de Familia, or some type of residence card?; what was the status of your parents in Spain during those 7 years? When were you born and in which province? This is relevant information for you case.

Generally speaking, you can actually apply for Spanish citizenship based on the fact that you are a Philippine national, though you will need to be a legal resident in Spain for 2 years before applying for the said citizenship.

Please feel free to email me on Patricia at Lawbird.com if you wish to discuss your case further.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile