Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Hello Palkmae,

Yes, sure.

You can file the Nationality application for your son, by option, at any time once you have got the Spanish passport in hand.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Filipino citizen but permanent resident of US wanting to acquire dual citizenship.

I am a Filipino citizen, but I live in US for almost 10yrs now. I was wondering if I can apply for dual citizen for both Philippines and Spain. what are the requirements that I need to gather and can I apply here in Consulate of Spain here in US (specifically CA)?

Hello,

For you to be eligible for dual citizenship you need to have held a residence permit in Spain for at least two years prior to filing the application. Only after that you can apply for the Spanish Nationality.

The application will then be filed at the corresponding Local Civil Registry, in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

I am a filipino living in Canada. I have dual citizenship. Can I apply for a non lucrative visa to Spain as a Filipino from Canada or do i have to apply from the Philippines?

Unregistered

Default Spanish parent

Greetings,

My name is Mik I have a somewhat complicated case. My mother formalized her Spanish nationality last year so now she and my grandmother has spanish birth certificates. I on the other hand am already 32 years old. May I opt to be a spanish citizen because I was not given a chance to do so when I was 18 due to the fact that my mothers citizenship was not yet formalized by then? Also I read in article 24 that if you are born in the philippines it is not enough for the loss of spanish nationality, if I have understood it correctly then my mother should not have lost her spanish nationality. And I was born of a spanish parent. I hope you could give me some advice on this. Thank you

-Mik

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    I am a filipino living in Canada. I have dual citizenship. Can I apply for a non lucrative visa to Spain as a Filipino from Canada or do i have to apply from the Philippines?
    Hello Bindy,

You can certainly apply for the Non Lucrative residence permit, and the place where the application needs to be filed is at the corresponding Spanish Consular office of the country where you are a resident right now, that is Canada.

If you wish to have further information about the application process, please feel free to contact us by e-mail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Greetings,

My name is Mik I have a somewhat complicated case. My mother formalized her Spanish nationality last year so now she and my grandmother has spanish birth certificates. I on the other hand am already 32 years old. May I opt to be a spanish citizen because I was not given a chance to do so when I was 18 due to the fact that my mothers citizenship was not yet formalized by then? Also I read in article 24 that if you are born in the philippines it is not enough for the loss of spanish nationality, if I have understood it correctly then my mother should not have lost her spanish nationality. And I was born of a spanish parent. I hope you could give me some advice on this. Thank you

-Mik
    Dear Mik,

If your mother has been granted the Spanish Nationality by Origins, this means that has never lost it, so you could be in a position to apply for it, as you are also considered of Spanish origins.

It all depends on what grounds your mother has been granted the Spanish Nationality.

There is an age limitation for those who lost their opportunity to apply by option, that is 20 years old.

If you cannot take this option, you can then apply after one year of legal residency, as your mother and grandmother are Spanish Nationals.

You can find the exact information here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia

I am interested in acquaring spanish citizenship by residing in Spain for two years. But the thing is I am still a student with no job. I am studying here in Cyprus with a student visa. My mother lives here as she was married to a cypriot. I want to live here but theres no other way if you are not a citizen here. So maybe if I become a spanish citizen I can enter Cyprus without visa since it is a member of EU. What procedures do I need to follow and options I have. I am 20. Thank you in advance!

Hello Gallardo,

Before you take the decision to apply for a residence permit in Spain, you need to have a clear idea of your residency plans in Spain, so you can check if you are eligible for any of the immigration programs available.

There are options for students, in the event he/she joins in an official education program, ( university Degree, Masterd Decree, Specialization, Investigation, etc ). Also, there are options for Investors and business people interested in setting up a business in Spain, or those workers that are demanded in Spain at the moment, that are related to the Ship/Maritime Indistry, Sportspeople and Doctors. The Situation is quite complicated for workers from other sectors, as there are no job offers, and if there are, the Spanish residents have priority.

Also, there is the option to apply for a work permit if you get a job offer from an overseas company that is in need of workers to carry out a service in Spain during a limited period of time. A temporary transfer work permit is granted in those cases.

Please feel free to contact us once you have an idea of your residency plans and we will give you a more detailed advice.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Gallardo,

Before you take the decision to apply for a residence permit in Spain, you need to have a clear idea of your residency plans in Spain, so you can check if you are eligible for any of the immigration programs available.

There are options for students, in the event he/she joins in an official education program, ( university Degree, Masterd Decree, Specialization, Investigation, etc ). Also, there are options for Investors and business people interested in setting up a business in Spain, or those workers that are demanded in Spain at the moment, that are related to the Ship/Maritime Indistry, Sportspeople and Doctors. The Situation is quite complicated for workers from other sectors, as there are no job offers, and if there are, the Spanish residents have priority.

Also, there is the option to apply for a work permit if you get a job offer from an overseas company that is in need of workers to carry out a service in Spain during a limited period of time. A temporary transfer work permit is granted in those cases.

Please feel free to contact us once you have an idea of your residency plans and we will give you a more detailed advice.

Regards,
    Hi Patricia

Actually I haven't planned anything yet as I have just discovered this Spanish citizenship thing recently. I still need to talk to my parents about this but I know they will approve my idea. But I am thinking maybe I can enroll in a College in Spain and find a cheap flat. Will that work?