Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unpaid Community Fees

Unregistered

Hello, I have been renting a property for about 2 years now and have always paid my rent on time into the owners bank account. Last week I received a letter from the solicitors of the community sent recorded delivery addressed to me saying that my landlord owes over 5000 in community fees and that I should pay the rent directly to them. My landlord will not answer any of my calls or emails. My property was rented unfurnished so I own everything in it and I am happy here. The community have said that I wont be able to use the facilities, although the rules say nothing about this, unless I pay directly to them. I am really worried as I dont like lawyers coming after me. I am also not happy about paying the rent to them as surely I would be breaking my contract with the landlord. Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Obviously you have no contractual relation with the Community. If you pay them instead of the landlord your landlord will have a just cause to have you evicted from the property.

Unless in your Teanancy agreement it is specified that you must pay for the Community fees it should be your landlord that does.

As in many other dvelopments post credit crunch, landlords are falling behind and their tenants suffer as a result as they are barred from using the communal facilities because of non-payment.

Perhaps it's time for you seek another let in which the landlord hopefully does pay the community. You will be spoilt for choice.

Yours faithfully,
    Raymundo LarraÃ*n Nesbitt

Default Over Zealous Security Guards

Dear Raymundo,
    I have written before to you on this same subject but have been unable to recover my Forum name so one Greek goddess being much like another have re-registered under this one!
    First, yes the urbanisation in question is Capanes del Golf and it is the one you are thinking of. I love it and it is my home, but the problems continue, albeit in a different way...
    I have managed to remain here and for months things have calmed down. However, apparently there is another new faceless "community organisation" and security guards have been told "anyone not having a mando can not pass into the premises".

Now obviously this is nonsense as vistors, ghueasts and tradespeople do not have mandos, but logical reasoning has been somewhat in short supply here for some time.

The owners of the property have been to court and, I am told, have been paying the Community fees although I am not sure what the situation is regarding the 4,000 euros areas and no-body is telling me the truth. The number of my block/apt has never been taken off "the List".

On Tuesday morning, a relief guard tried to stop a friend of mine from leaving the urbanisation "because she didn´t have a mando"!

I am livid! I live at least a half kilometer from the entrance, probably more. I presently suffer from an injured hip and knee, but the other evening I was told that without a mando I wouldn´t be allowed to pass with my car! Other friends have found the interim guards extremely rude, and as I have said a close friend and frequent visitor was told she could not leave! At one point my daughter with a newborn baby was told to park outside. My daughter told them exactly what they could do!

I am a psychologist, not a lawyer, but to the best of my knowledge this is considered unlawful confinement (just let them try to deny ME exit) and is a criminal act. As for not allowing access to the urbanisation - and my home - I am almost certain that this too is an illegal practice, both for me and my invited guests. Most of the time I have my mando (although at one time some tenants were told in a notice that the security code was to be changed and that they had to apply for a new one. Those with the "new" code found it did not work and had to park outside. This is very large development covering many hectares.)

What are my recourses? If it happens again am I in my legal rights to call the police?
    After all this I refuse to move, I pay my rent regularly and on time and am sick and tired of what I can only term HARRASSMENT.
    Please can you confirm that this type of behaviour on the part of the security company (and instructions issued by the Community to do so) is illegal?
    TS

Default Satellite television cut off

With tregard to the above, I have just been informed that satellite TV was cut off during the month of September while I was away. I have paid in full (and had to wait 6 months for) my satellite contract.
    One more illegal act I think.
    I see no reason why I should move. What else can I do to stop this urbanisation, Capanes del Golf, from continually commiting illegal acts in order to harrass rent-paying tenants?

61popp

Default Capanes del Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    With tregard to the above, I have just been informed that satellite TV was cut off during the month of September while I was away. I have paid in full (and had to wait 6 months for) my satellite contract.
    One more illegal act I think.
    I see no reason why I should move. What else can I do to stop this urbanisation, Capanes del Golf, from continually commiting illegal acts in order to harrass rent-paying tenants?
    Hi Cassandra,
    As I am interested in purchasing an apartment at Capanes but hearing at the same time about all these troubles within the community would you be so kind to pass on the contact detail of the community administrator offices? Many thanks.

61popp

Default Capanes

Quote Originally Posted by 61popp View Post
    Hi Cassandra,
    As I am interested in purchasing an apartment at Capanes but hearing at the same time about all these troubles within the community would you be so kind to pass on the contact detail of the community administrator offices? Many thanks.
    Sorry my contact e mail is popp61@hotmail.com. Tx