Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: U.S. to Spain Immigration Certified Marriage Certificate

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is two added to six?


You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn into [URL][/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 08-02-2019, 05:23 PM


    for others who are struggling with getting things done in time like me. the solution is to go straight to Madrid with your papers and register there. There you dont need an appointment.
  • 08-02-2019, 02:05 PM

    U.S. to Spain Immigration Certified Marriage Certificate

    Hello My name is Evan Powell I am a U.S. citizen. My wife is a Spanish citizen we got married in the States and lived there for five years. We have decided to move to Spain and were going through the process of getting our "family book" for Spain however the Spanish consolate in the U.S. that was helping us canceled last minute on us and we had to catch our flight to Spain how ever he said we can just get our family book here. Before going to Spain my wife went to the Spanish embassy in LA to get her passport and asked about us moving to Spain. She was told that I should just travel to Spain as a tourist and once here apply for residence permit. So we got all the paperwork we were told we needed including our passports, my U.S. certified birth certificate, and certified copies of our marriage certificate. Now we are here in Spain and trying to get our marriage acknowledged here and get our family book so i can get a residence permit. The problem is you need an appointment for everything and the soonest we can get appointments are months away meaning our certified copy of our marriage certificate will expire. When I looked to see about getting a new certified copy from the clerk and register in the state were we got married it stated that you have to pick it up in person and show an ID. So we are feeling a little screwed here. Is there a way to get an expedited appointment in Spain so the certified papers we have will still be valid? or is there a way to get a certified copy of our marriage license without flying back to the States to get it (we do have the original marriage license) Thank you for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts