Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Illegal American Student in Spain (South). What should I do?

Your Message

Click here to log in


You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn into [URL][/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-15-2017, 12:49 PM

    Illegal American Student in Spain (South). What should I do?

    I am an American student who originally came for 3 months for an internship. After my 90 days was over, I rented a room and am taking Spanish classes. I took a year off of school (been out of school some last summer) and really want to stay here until I go back this August. I don't have an NIE number and I have been to the public hospital (where I've turned by passport in to be processed) and didn't get in 'trouble.' I just want to at least stay here legally or more preferably work for a very short amount of time. I'm already here illegally at this point and don't know if I should be worried.

    I have a Spanish address and even a contract offer to work. I have a working holiday visa for Ireland, but not Spain. I don't know what to do anymore.

    Is there anything I can do to ease my situation? I am already aware that I have not done the 'right' thing so far...

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts