Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Visit Visa or Regimen Comunitario for entry/exit

Your Message

Click here to log in


You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn into [URL][/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 02-27-2017, 02:28 PM
    For you to be considered a resident, you need to spend at least 6 months a year in Spain.

    Being out of the country for 12 consecutive months leads to a cancellation of your residence card.

  • 02-25-2017, 08:18 AM
    Thank you for your reply, i still have a small doubt.
    You said:
    You can apply for the Spanish Nationality once you have completed one year legal residency
    does 1 year residency = 1 year stay ?
    Means i can stay outside spain but my residency card completed 1 year then apply for nationality?
  • 02-23-2017, 02:43 PM
    Hello IslamAnwar

    As a resident that you are now, I recommend you to show your residence card when re-entering Spain.

    No matter the document you show when you enter, your details will be recorded at customs.

    You can apply for the Spanish Nationality once you have completed one year legal residency and the Civil Registry won´t check the entry stamps on your passport; that is something the Immigration office will do when you apply for a PR after 5 years.

  • 02-21-2017, 02:12 PM

    Visit Visa or Regimen Comunitario for entry/exit

    Hello, i am married to Spanish citizen and successfuly completed my residency documents and recently i have received my "Regimen Comunitario" card.
    And now i have both the Regimen comunitario card valid for 5 years and my visit schengen visa (Type-C) is also still valid for another 1 year.

    I'm now living outside Spain and travel to their frequently. and also planing to apply for citizenship after 1 year as per the law.

    My questions is: at my next entry/exit in Spain which better to use, the visit visa or the regimen comunitario card ?
    knowing that in the future when i'm applying for the citizenship, i want to show that i have been resident in Spain 1 year even if i am outside Spain.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts