PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question: How to pay the fee before applying for tarjeta de residencia?

DavidMatthews
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi -

I'm a non-EU citizen married to a Spanish citizen. :D

We're moving to Spain. I'm applying for the "tarjeta de residencia familiar no comunitario de ciudano de la Union".

I have:
- Libro de famila
- Certificado literal de matriomonio
- My passport, my wife's DNI
- 3 color pictures
- Form Ex-16 completed

I made an appointment online (they gave me a date 3 months in the future :eek:).

Now I've noticed on form Ex-16 that if I don't have a NIE, I must submit a "documento acreditativo del abono de la tasa por expedicion de la tarjeta."

I don't have a NIE. I'd been told I get the NIE as part of the tarjeta de residencia. Is that correct?

So, since I don't have a NIE, how do I pay this fee? I've read different things.
- Some people say I need to complete "Modelo 790 codigo 012", a carbon form which I can only get from the police office, take it to a bank, pay a fee, then submit the bank's stamp with my application for tarjeta de residencia.
- Other people say I need to complete "Ex-14", take it to the bank, pay, then submit that form with my application for tarjeta de residencia.

I've called government offices, but can't get an answer.

We'd appreciate any ideas you might have. I'd love to do this step correctly before my appointment so I don't get turned away and have to wait another 3 months! :)

Thanks!

David

Marta
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Dear David,

First of all congratulations for your marriage!

Once you have been to the meeting at the subdelegación you will need to wait for the permit resolution. It could take 3 or 4 months, depending on how busy the Spanish authorities are at the time. You will be notified by letter and this will explain the next steps to take.

If your permit has been granted you will need to go to the bank and pay 3 fees. Two for the Subdelegación ( 790 and 990) and one for the police station ( 790 012). You must take everything to the police station and in a period of 45 days more or less you will have your residence card. In the meantime you will get a receipt.

You will also obtain your NIE number at the time your residence card is granted.

DavidMatthews
01-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Hola Marta!

Thanks very much for your response.

Your information is surprising to me. So before I go to my first meeting at the Oficina de Extranjeria, I don't need to pay the fee and bring confirmation of my payment? That's news for me!

It's strange, then, that they write the fee is one of the things I have to submit with Ex-16:
Salvo en los casos de no tener asignado NIE con carácter previo a la solicitud, documento acreditativo del abono de la tasa
por expedición del certificado (en el resto de los casos, el órgano administrativo ante el que se presente la solicitud, previa
asignación de NIE, hará entrega del impreso para el abono de la tasa, a efectos de que éste sea efectuado con carácter
previo a la expedición del certificado)
[Point 6 from form Ex-16, map.es/servicios/servicios_on_line/extranjeria/modelos_oficiales_solicitudes/ex16/document_es/EX16.pdf

So I'll follow your tips. I won't worry about paying any fees before, then I'll pay all 3 of the fees in a few months once they contact me.

Thanks for explaining this for us. Everything is so unclear, the government sites are not helpful, and no government people ever answer the phones(!), so I really appreciate getting the real truth from you! :) And I'm sure many other people will see your post and learn from you as well!

Thanks!

Marta
01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Dear David,

Thank you for your e-mail. The process I have explained is based on our experience with the authorities in our province, which is Malaga. Although this process should be the same throughout the Spanish territory, I would nevertheless recommend that you double check with your local authorities beforehand. Perhaps you could ask this question directly and in person (especially if you have difficulties getting through by telephone) at your nearest national police station, they will be able to confirm 100%.

I hope it all goes well.