PDA

View Full Version : Petition Action

Suzanne
12-02-2008, 05:41 PM
A Petition for all of us involved in getting justice in Spain regarding our property 'purchase' has been compiled, and is still being added to. I plan to present it initially to the British Prime Minister at No.10 early in the New Year. Please take a moment to add your important voice to this Petition.

Along side Our Petition is a Lawyer Complaints Document, which certainly explains how so many of us have found ourselves in this mess.

Please see the website for more details:
www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

With sincere thanks to Lawbird & belegal.com

p.s. The smiley is supposed to be at the end of this message but keeps popping up at the top! Apologies.

ifv
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Suzanne, I wish you best of luck with your Spanish Property Scandal Petition, and I hope you are able to deliver it successfully to the Prime Minister soon!

P.S. I will look into the smileys issue :)

Suzanne
12-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Many thanks ifv :)
Ah, the smiley is where I wanted it! I was probably doing something wrong before :o

Just to say, that I've received a letter from 10 Downing Street this morning, dated 4 December. In part:
'The Prime Minister has asked me to thank you for your recent letter. Mr Brown was pleased that you felt able to write to him about property in Spain. A careful note has been made of your comments.....'.
It goes on to say that a copy will be passed to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, as 'he feels that it is important that they are aware of your concerns.....'. This is good, as hopefully this will address a higher official than I've previously had a response from. I last wrote to the FCO on 19 Nov but haven't had a reply as yet.

I also now have contact details to make arrangements to hand in Our Petition, via the door at No. 10. There is still time to sign, which would be very welcome.

www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

Suzanne
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Our Petition bears 700 signatures as of this morning, and will be handed in to Downing Street tomorrow. The full wording of the petition letter can be read here:
http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/7.html

I've tried to cover all our problems as succinctly as possible, and only ask action from the Prime Minister that is clearly within his powers. When the petition goes to the EU in Brussels at the end of the month, it will of course be worded differently.

Many thanks to all who have submitted their experiences & signatures so far. For anyone who still hasn't signed but keeps thinking about it - sign today & make sure that the British government hears your voice. Our Petition will remain open, as it goes through the EU processes.

Best regards & thanks, Suzanne :)

ifv
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Suzanne

I was wondering how your petition is progressing. I believe I heard something the other day on the Spanish radio regarding a petitition submitted in the UK which involved real este problems, but I couldn't tell if it was yours.

Please keep us posted!

Suzanne
08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
An Open Letter has been sent to Gordon Brown (19 Dec) which can be read in full here:
http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/9.html

Regards, suzanne :)