PDA

View Full Version : A/C installation in 'garden' area.

erisaman
12-08-2009, 01:21 AM
I have asked the Presidente and the Administrator of our complex, for permission to install Air Conditioning, with particular regard to siting the condenser (external unit) on the rear wall (not the facade) of my ground floor apartment, raised appropriately off the lawned area (to allow lawn maintenance to continue) on the basis that my Escritura states that I own 7m2 of Terrace, and have attached, a further area of 'terraza-jardin' for my exclusive use, amounting to 12m2. It is this additional area which is grassed, and it is over this area I wish to mount the condenser.

Other apartment owners, who are on higher floors, have their condensers positioned on their balconies overlooking the same area of garden.

I have waited several weeks for a reply - is there a time limit whereby I can consider my request as having no objections?

Lawbird Lawyer
01-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Dear Sir,

Positive Silence Rule does not apply in this case. You need the express permission of the Community of Owners to do this.

Please read my article on the matter:

Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/spanish-comunidad-de-propietarios) - 26th June 2009

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt