View Full Version : Fiscal resident

12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi I live and work in Spain I pay my tax (PAYE)
My family income was below 22,000 so we didn't put in a tax declaration.
I have a copy of my certificado del retenciones e ingresos del impuestos sobre la
renta de las personas fisicas.
If we sell our house will we be classed as fiscial residents

Lawbird Lawyer
01-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Dear Madam,

Yes you will. Apologies for the belated reply.

However, you need to request a certificate from your local Tax Office stating you are indeed a tax resident (so the 3% retention does not apply to you on selling your property). This certificate will need to be shown to the Public Notary so you fall exempt.

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt