View Full Version : Moving to Spain

11-13-2009, 06:45 AM
I am a US citizen and plan to move to Spain. Do I have to apply for a tarjeta de residencia??
My husband is from South America, if I apply for "tarjeta de residencia" would he qualify under me since we are married and I am a US citizen?

12-11-2009, 03:31 PM
You will certainly need to apply for a residence permit, specially if you plan to work in Spain. Your partner will also need a residence permit. If you apply first, your partner could opt for a Family Regrouping Permit (http://immigration.lawbird.com/en/services/view/34/Family-Regrouping-Residence-Permit-) In my opinion, the best option is that you both apply at the same time, as applying for a residence permit is a lengthy process.

You will find more information and services on Lawbird Spanish Immigration (http://immigration.lawbird.com/)Website