PDA

View Full Version : Can my daughter return to UK with her son

mandy
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
My daughter currently lives in Spain with her year old son. His father is Spanish. They are not married. The father has never worked and has no intention of ever doing so. My daughter works but it is possible she may loose her job soon due to the current economic climate. She is unlikely to get another job in Spain and they will therefore not even have a roof over their heads. We have suggested she come back to stay with us in the UK and work for the family business but she is worried that she cannot bring the baby with her without the father's consent. The father is registered on the birth certificate - the baby has an english passport. Will the Spanish courts make her stay in Spain with the baby even though the father cannot (or will not) provide for them?

ESTEBEVERDE
01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
My daughter currently lives in Spain with her year old son. His father is Spanish. They are not married. The father has never worked and has no intention of ever doing so. My daughter works but it is possible she may loose her job soon due to the current economic climate. She is unlikely to get another job in Spain and they will therefore not even have a roof over their heads. We have suggested she come back to stay with us in the UK and work for the family business but she is worried that she cannot bring the baby with her without the father's consent. The father is registered on the birth certificate - the baby has an english passport. Will the Spanish courts make her stay in Spain with the baby even though the father cannot (or will not) provide for them?

I think she should come home for a visit and decide then. ;-)