View Full Version : getting spain residence by buying a house

10-29-2009, 11:06 PM
One of my acquaintances from Iran have heard that if you buy a house in Spain after 5 years you automatically get Spanish residence permit granted. He is informed by one the poeple of this website http://www.casabonita.se.com/home.html
That's seems pretty stiff. Any way, I need some information: 1) Is it possible for an applicant(asylumseeker) to buy a house in Spain? 2) Is it possible for an applicant to open a bankaccount? Is it possible for an applicant to register a house on his name? and the last question is 4) would you tell me please how the asylumpocedure goes on, from application to the end, regardless of the outcome.

Accoording the lady who works for casabonita.se.com al these (1,2 and 3) are possibles for asylumseekers, bus I have my doubts.

I hoop to hear soon from you.

Thank you.

Best wishes.

10-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Dear Mehran,

The information you have been provided is not correct. You will only be able to obtain a permit if this has been requested to the Spanish authorities and granted by them. Therefore just by purchasing a property in Spain you will not be granted a work and residence permit nor a residence permit.

A person who has been granted asylum in Spain will be able to legally reside, work and carry out any mercantile activity in this country. Also open a bank account.

The asylum procedure is a little complex in order to summarize it in a few lines. What is clear is that in order to obtain asylum in Spain, the person will have to have a recognized refugee status according to the Convention of Geneva of 1951 and the Protocol of New York 1967. This is: "...a well founded
fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it." Article 1. A (2) Geneva Convention. Nowadays these requirements have been adapted and broadened to cases such as for example: those being persecuted for their sexual orientation or genre.

Please note that this is only basic information. In order to obtain full advice about your particular case please feel free to contact us.