PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

richard evans
08-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Dear Sir-Madam,
A friend of my wife has asked for advice on a problem her son and daughter in law have.
18 months ago the couple had a domestic row at home which resulted in a neighbour calling the police and the husband being arrested for malo de tratamiento de familia.
At the court case the wife testified that they both had too much to drink and no harm was done.However the judge proceeded to sentence the husband to 20 days trabajo de la communidad.Since then nothing has been heard,although they did move 6 months after the unfortunate incident.
Now the couple are planning to relocate to the U.K,where the husband has been offered a sorely needed job.
They are are both very worried about any problems that might occur at passport control-even though they have travelled twice since the event,with no problem,
Thanks R.E

Lawbird Lawyer
08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Dear Sir,

Yes you may have problems in the future entering Spain.

Justice is slow so right now you won't have any problems entering the country but this may change in the future as your case moves onto the next stage.

I would need to know if you were sentenced to jail and this was swapped over to community works (i.e. you had no prior criminal record etc.) or else the judge directly setenced you to community works.

richard evans
08-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Dear Sir,
Many thanks for your reply.
The Prosector did ask for a prison term but the Judge gave a 20 day trabajo de communidad sentence instead,also the husband had no previous convictions.
The couple are not planning on re-entering the country they are just really concerned about leaving through passport control 18 months after the event.
Thanks R.E

Lawbird Lawyer
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Dear Sir,

In that case he will probably have problems on re-entering the country, yes.

Justice is slow so they he may have no problems know but will later on.