PDA

View Full Version : legalise my home

bob Dunford
10-28-2008, 07:46 AM
dear sir when i bought my home in crevillente inthe country side.i was told by my solicitor at the time all was legal.i thought i was going to be alright.i paid 200.000 euros for the home.but now been told that it was biult without permision.and without 10.00 sq metres of land.but the 2003 law states the house cannot be pulled down.and we cannot be evicted .now is there any way we can make our home legal.we have lived in the house for 6 years now.and it was biult 2 years before this,council tell me in another 4 years .i can put in for water to be connected /i already have electricity connected.and pay all my council tax.with no fault of our own we are in this prodiciment the solicitor at the time never mentioned it .if they did we would never have bought it.the council never had the property pulled down.so they must take some blame.please advise me what i can do.is it possible to make it legel.

bob Dunford
10-28-2008, 07:50 AM
please need a quick reply for my lawyers.if you can find away to help me that is.

bob Dunford
10-28-2008, 08:06 AM
i bought my home in 2003 .was told at thetime by my lawyer that it was fully legal.now i have been told it was biult without permision.and it doesent have 10.000 sq metresof land.i paid 200.00 euros for it.which i would not have paid if i had known it was not legal.they tell me that the 2003 law states the house cannot be pulled down and we cannot be evicted.but this dont make it legal.we have electricity installed .when i ask the council for mains water on meter they said maybe in another 4 years.now i pay all my council taxes.and if any body was to blame it was the council for allowing the house to be biult.the solicitor for not informing me when i bought the property.now please help me is there anything i can do to legel ise my property.i think you know the law of spain backwards by now please what can i do. isenaioiad
please need a quick reply for my lawyers.if you can find away to help me that is.

aflores
11-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Bob, I will need some more details of the property to be able to give you an opinion. However, if you bought it in 2003 and the Town Hall never took any measures you may be able to legalise it as already 4 years have passed. As per your post the lawyer seems to have a lot to blame for and you could even act against him for negligence but your priority is to legalise the property if you can and therefore we may be able to help further if you provide me more information.

Unregistered
11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
How my situation is similar to Bob Durford in that I purchased the land with a licensed for permission to build 65sq meters almacein, ie warehouse iback in n November 2002, then I intstucted a builder who built the house within 6 weeks, unknown to me without a builders permit, the house has been there for 6 yrs now and I want to retire next year, the property is near Coin, in the Costa del sol, and it is rustic irrigated land with many orange trees, the neighbour had his built with a good spanish builder and has only just got his registered, 6 yrs later, but he did have a proper project and builders licence, the other problem is I want the town water and electric connected, but have not had any success, everyone says it because it is not on the title deeds, but if this is true how does a woodden house without needing any permissions get there electric and water connected just down the road. Do I have to knock my house down and buy a wooden house to get the utilies laid on, I am desperate please HELP

Antonio Flores
11-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Dear Mrs. Thomas,

It is now crucial that you take swift action to register the property in the Land Registry of Coin. This will need to be done with an architects certificate and a Town Hall certificate, which will be incorporated to a deed of new works and further registered in the above registry.

The reason why this has to be done sooner rather than later is that the Andalusian Government ocassionally takes photographs, from the air, of large portions of rustic land in search for illegal buildings (if you think about it there is little cover against this) and when they spot one they normally instruct the Town Hall to take action to restore the legality or they do it themselves.

Therefore the quicker you start the sooner you will be able to protect yourself with a proper title deed.

If you need help with this do let us know.