PDA

View Full Version : Arrested In Spain

Unregistered
06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Advice please

Unregistered
06-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi can anyone help... My boyfriend got onto an argument on Saturday night and hit another man ( stupid i know) but this man ended up with stitches in his head and a broken leg. My Boyfriend was arrested on Tuesday night and he has been kept at the police station until Thursday morning when he is being taken to court. Does anyone know what will happen I mean will they send him to prison or fine?? This is his first offence but I have absolutely no idea what the punishment is likely to be? Any advice will be appreciated Thanks

Unregistered
06-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Have you spoken to anyone at the British Consulate? It's in Malaga for Andalucia and Alicante.

Can he/you speak Spanish? Do you have anyone who can translate things for you? What about a solicitor? There are plenty of english speaking solicitors who could advise you of the procedure. I'm not sure if it's the police who press charges or the other man??

I'm not sure at all what to suggest otherwise as i've only heard about people being on the other side of the law. I think that it's often a large fine for violence, but the other received a broken leg so it may be deemed as more serious? Be prepared in advance of tomorrow (depending on what time the court case is you have time to call the British Consulate early in the morning).

Sorry for not being of any more help, I would have thought someone legal could have replied sooner for you?

ifv
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I believe this matter is already being dealt with by one of lawyers active on these forums. Please let me know if this is not the case.