View Full Version : paperwork NIE

11-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I am about to buy a property in Spain . I lived in Spain 5 years ago and had a residencia which is out of date . I do not have a white or gReen paper with my NIE number on , just a photocopy of my old residents card .Can anyone confirm what i need with me to sign at the notary . If i need proof of my NIE where and how will I now get a certificate ?
Many Thanks

12-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Hello Spanielkiss.

I missed your query by mistake, and wondered if you were still interested.

As you may know by now, you can apply for a duplicate of your NIE at the closest Police Station, and the process is very similar to applying for the first time, being only required your passport. However, if you are in need of a Certificate of Registration as a resident ( green card ), you will also be required to show proof of financial resources and a town hall registration certificate that indicates your address in Spain. If you only need a NIE, you can use the services of a company that can process the application in your behalf, like NIE Number Direct (http://nienumber.com/) . However, personal appearance is compulsory in the case of the Certificate of Registration.

You will certainly need a NIE when you buy a property, plus other documents related to the purchase itself. There are various articles on belegal.com about the topic that can help you understand what is required.

• Buying Property In Spain Tips Part II. Off-Plan Property (http://belegal.com/articles/showArticle/buying-off-plan-property-in-spain)
• Buying Property In Spain Tips Part I. Buying Resale: Avoiding the Pitfalls (http://belegal.com/articles/showArticle/tips-on-buying-a-property-in-spain)
• The Licence of First Occupation Explained (http://belegal.com/articles/showArticle/lfo-licence-of-first-occupation)
• Buying a Property in Spain? 10 Reasons to Hire a Lawyer (http://belegal.com/articles/showArticle/buying-property-in-spain-hiring-lawyer)