PDA

View Full Version : acquiring citizenship

barca
08-02-2012, 01:04 AM
hello.can somebody help me...i was born in spain,when i was 2 yrs. old,my parents send us to philippines together with my auntie..after that i never had the chance to go back...but my parents are still in spain..how can i go to spain by using the advantage that i was born in barcelona,spain..how can i get citizenship?i,m already 26 yrs. old..because now i,m here in canada as a contract worker...i want to be with my parents..help me...

Patricia
09-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello Barca,

I am afraid that you are over the age to be able to apply for citizenship via your parents ( in case they are now Spanish nationals ). However, as you were born in Spain, you have the chance to apply for Spanish citizenship after one year of being a legal resident in Spain. I believe your parents would be able to apply for family reunion if they could prove your are financially dependent on them.

You can find more information about the ways to access Spanish Nationality here (http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/es/1215198262624/EstructuraOrganica.html).

Regards,