View Full Version : mbrown

07-22-2012, 01:37 AM
hi i bought a villa mith my mum back in 1990 my mum died in 1998 we have no mortgage as we bought it outright me and my mum are on the deeds she died in london and i was the excuter of her estate in england . What do i have to do to change the deeds to my name only and can I? Also how much would it cost and where do I start.

David SF
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
It would be necessary to know what does the testament / will say about this property.
david (dfigueras@sfabogados.com)

10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Hello mbrown,

My apologies for this late reply.

If your mother had a Will made in Spain, it could be applied and the use it to transfer ownership. If she did not leave a Will, there are two options:

- Start an Intestate process as per Spanish Law, if she was residing in Spain at the time of her death
- Start a Probate process in the UK and validate it in Spain

As the demise happened that long ago, the transfer does not attract any Inheritance Tax.

Please feel free to contact me by email ( by clicking on my profile ) if you have specific questions.