PDA

View Full Version : How long do I have to wait before I can bring my American GF to live with me?

Unregistered
06-23-2012, 12:05 AM
I just got my residence card a few months ago, it was from arraigo social. How long do I need to wait before I can bring girlfriend to stay here with me for good, shes american and been here several times and we are planning to get married here too. What are the requirements I need to provide?

San Diego
06-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Good question! I'm wondering, how long your girlfriend was able to stay with you while you were going through the residency process? Was she just on tourist visas? Did it make any more difficult with the Spanish consulate that you had a US girlfriend? Did they care about that at all? I've got an American husband who won't be applying for Spanish citizenship (He's not Filipino, so not eligible for accelerated qualification) , but I will. I'm wondering how he will visit with me and stay with me when we are both in Spain, both before and after I get citizenship. :(

Patricia
06-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Hello San Diego,

Your husband will be able to spend long periods of time with you during your first year of legal residency ( once you have obtained it ). He will be granted visit visas without a problem from the Spanish embassy, considering his spouse is a Spanish resident.

After that first year he will be able to apply for Family reunion residency and his residence card will have the same validity as yours.

Please contact me directly by clicking on my profile if youn wish to discuss your particular case.

Regards,