PDA

View Full Version : Holiday visa for Spain.

chichi31
06-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Hi,
I am an English man living in Dominican republic, I have a Dominican wife, and we will also have are first child in 1months time:D.

I want to visit my parents Who live in Spain(English,but residents in spain) once our baby is born.

Q.1, Do I need to pay for a 60day visa for my wife?
Q.2, Will there be much problem with this kinda visa.

Some help would be great please??

Thank!:cool:

San Diego
06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I thought the holiday visa is spain was for 90 days? When I visited (from the USA) it was free.

Patricia
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi,
I am an English man living in Dominican republic, I have a Dominican wife, and we will also have are first child in 1months time:D.

I want to visit my parents Who live in Spain(English,but residents in spain) once our baby is born.

Q.1, Do I need to pay for a 60day visa for my wife?
Q.2, Will there be much problem with this kinda visa.

Some help would be great please??

Thank!:cool:

Hello Chichi31,

Your wife will have to apply for a tourist visa ( that has a validity of 90 days ) to enter Spain. She can file the application at any of the 7 Spanish Consulates that are currently operating in the Dominican Republic and the usual timeframe to resolve those applications is 15 days. One of the esential requirements for the visa application is proof of financial means to cover her stay in Spain, where bank account statements are normally accepted, though the Spanish consular officer will be able to confirm the type of documents they accept to prove it. There is an administrative fee the Consulate charges for processing the visa application that is generally of 60 Euros.

In response to your second question, I believe there will be no predictable problems whatosoever as the application is quite simple and straifghtforward, considering she has a family relationship with an EU citizen and will be staying with family in Spain. The return flight ticket will serve as usual proof that she is returning to the Dominican Republic and without any intention to remain in Spain.

Regards,

chichi31
06-29-2012, 01:15 AM
I thought the holiday visa is spain was for 90 days? When I visited (from the USA) it was free.

Yes the holiday visa is for 90days but I we only wanted to go for 60days.......The DR is alot different to the USA, here they charge gringos for anything they can.

chichi31
06-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Hello Chichi31,

Your wife will have to apply for a tourist visa ( that has a validity of 90 days ) to enter Spain. She can file the application at any of the 7 Spanish Consulates that are currently operating in the Dominican Republic and the usual timeframe to resolve those applications is 15 days. One of the esential requirements for the visa application is proof of financial means to cover her stay in Spain, where bank account statements are normally accepted, though the Spanish consular officer will be able to confirm the type of documents they accept to prove it. There is an administrative fee the Consulate charges for processing the visa application that is generally of 60 Euros.

In response to your second question, I believe there will be no predictable problems whatosoever as the application is quite simple and straifghtforward, considering she has a family relationship with an EU citizen and will be staying with family in Spain. The return flight ticket will serve as usual proof that she is returning to the Dominican Republic and without any intention to remain in Spain.

Regards,

Hi Patricia Martin,

Thank you so so muchfor having the time to reply, I just wanted to be sure as when I ring the Consulate here I get different things I need. I just wanted to have everything ready just incase they ask me for it.
Thank you once again.

Chichi31