View Full Version : information regarding visa

06-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I am a 16 year old girl from india. I play tennis at national level. I want to go to Barcelona for full time training (1 year) and have also received a 50% scholarship from the academy. Can you please tell me that what type of VISA will be applicable for me and how to carry out the procedure. I will be accompanied by my mom for the first 1 month after which i will reside on my own at the academy accommodation.

please help.

06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello RNG,

The scholarship you have been granted , together with the admission at the training centre ( that must be an officially recognized center by the Spanish Authorities ) will be required by the Spanish Embassy to issue the short stay visa for training/investigation purposes that will be limited to the duration of the training programme. As you are an underage, your mother will be able to go with you on a visit/short stay visa. You will also be required to submit documentation related to proof of dwelling ( I believe you will be lodged in a Students Residence provided by your Academy ) and proof of financial means. As you are no financial independent, your parents will have to show proof of income to cover our expenses in Spain. In any case, I recommend you to contact the closest Spanish consular office who will provide with a list of documents required for the student visa application.

You can also check the informative pages of the Ministry of Employment in Spain (http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/documentos2/04.pdf)and read about the process and requirements, though I am afraid it is Spanish.

Best Regards,