View Full Version : Work permit for spouse

03-29-2012, 03:10 PM

My wife moved here from US with legal work permit and the whole family has a 'tarjeta de residencia'. Does this mean the husband also can work in Spain? Or does he need to go through application process to be eligible for work in Spain?

Thank you

03-30-2012, 10:59 AM

Yes, your wife will have to file the Family Regrouping Application for you to join her in Spain. Once that residence card is issued you will have the right to live and work in Spain as long as her permit is valid. After expirations, you will both have to apply for the renewal.

Please feel free to e-mail me on Patricia at Lawbird.com if you wish to learn more about the documentation required and that we study your particular case.

Best Regards,

03-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Hello Patricia:

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply. Yes I have a 'tarjeta de residencia' as well. I just was not sure if this means I automatically am eligible to work, just as my wife is working.