View Full Version : UK Citizen wanting to move with partner

01-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Hi Marta,

I am a UK Citizen and my spouse is Colombian and she currently has a UK Resident Permit for 2 years. We would like to move to Spain as soon as possible and I am wondering if my spouse will be allow to live there on permanent basis.
Thanks for any advice you can give us.

01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
First of all I would like to welcome you both to Spain! Once you have become a Spanish resident (quite a straight forward process) your wife will be able to request her 'Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la union'. It is important to prepare this in advance, (not too much though as the paperwork you present is valid for three months), as there are certain documents which you may need to obtain from abroad. For more information please feel free to contact me at marta at lawbird.com