View Full Version : Residence Permit through Common law partner

01-03-2012, 10:20 PM

first of all I want to thank you for this imformative site and I hope someone can help me please with my questions.
I an EU citizen (german) and have a girl friend, she has lived spain for three years, she had some problems to renew here Residence Permit in Spain and become an ilegal status.
my Question is, if I move to spain and live with here, is it possible for here to the Residence Permit through the commen-law partner? I mean without to get married !!!
if its poosible, what steps and what kind of paper should we take care of?

Thanks for your help

01-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Providing your girlfriend does not have an 'orden de expulsión', you will certainly be able to help her obtain her permit. Forming a common-law partnership is a sort of union which the Spanish immigration authorities would consider. The other one is marriage. To obtain more details on the common law partnership you would need to visit your nearest Ayuntamiento or Town hall. They will be able to provide you with the requirements to register. After registering, she will be able to request her ' Tarjeta de Residencia de Familiar de Ciudadano de la Unión'