PDA

View Full Version : Apply which one first? Empadronamiento or NIE's & Residencia.

Imm
10-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi,

We are non-EU citizen and had applied for residency visa in home country, and would like to check what are the procedures / things to do after the visa is approved and arrival in Spain.

I am confused as to which documentation to apply first? Empadronamiento or NIE's & Residencia?

I understand that I need to furnish an address when applying for Empadronamiento. However, I do not know anyone in Spain, and would be staying put at hotel first. Are we able to provide the address of the hotel?

Likewise for the NIE, could I just put down the hotel address?

I wish to buy an apartment in Spain, and may take some time to look around. I not too keen in renting as landlords usually ask for 1 year contract. Once I confirmed with the property purchase, I would update the relevant authorities again. Could I do that?

Patricia
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello Imm,

Please let me know what type of residence permit you have applied for so I can answer your question about the steps once the permit is approved and the visa granted to enter Spain.

Regards,