PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities for Illegal Alien

waryah
08-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Hello There,

It has been a couple of weeks since I have entered Spain as an illegal alien.
Back in my home country, I was well settled and doing a government job in Judicial department unless due to some religious reasons I was being threatened to death.

I had to leave my home at once, and run for anywhere, why Spain ? because Spain is the only country that could possibly give me legal status after three years. And being in standard of life I was liaving in, I never did anything illegal, in fact this word was way out of my life, so being illegal for three years seems a lot difficult task.

So, basically what I want to know is: -

What are the possibilities for me to make this three years illegality period short or to spend this period without much of trouble ?
can I get asylum here in Spain? if I apply, what is the possibility of getting asylum?
can marriage help?
rumor are, Vitoria is a good place for people like me to stay as they offer shelter, food and money for everyday usage, please comment.

How much is the risk in being illegal here in Spain ?
for example: can police ask me for identity while I am walking on streets?
can I get some kind of job?
what could be the possible outcome, if I am get caught being a illegal alien?

anything else that you think may be useful in my case...

I will possibly be getting my empadromento done in coming week
I am trying to learn the Spanish language and it is coming fast

Patricia
11-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Dear Waryah,

As a Law firm we do not promote nor support illegal immigration and recommend you to apply for a residence permit by the means that are accepted by Law in order to avoid the risk of being deported to your home country and banned to enter the country. Anyhow, I will answer your questions:

* I cannot answer the first part of the question, but you can bear in mind that you can apply for Arraigo Social after 3 years in Spain, and Arraigo Laboral after 2 years. The first option requires that you have secured a work contract with a minimum duration of 1 year, and the second option requires that you can prove by the means accepted by Law that you have worked during two years in a Spanish company, in an irregular situation and the offense has been reported to the Spanish Employment Authorities.
* Yes, the Spanish government offers the possibility to foreigners to apply for asylum,; However you would have to meet various requirements. The best thing to do is to ask for the assistance of a Non Governmental Association that will offer their assistance and study your case to find out if you qualify for asylum. You can find more information on their website: http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/extranje/asilo_refugio/condiciones.html
* You can apply for a residence permit based on your family relationship with a Spanish citizen, so it would be a legal way to acquiere residency.
*I unable to ascertain if Vitoria is the best Town to live.
* There is a risk that the police will stop you and ask for your ID card
* You may get a job, but you will have to hold a work and residence permit to work legally.
* You would be taken to the Police Headquesters and get a solicitor appointed by Law that will process your deportation.

Regards,