View Full Version : Habitation Certificate

04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I did look but couldn't find it. We have a detached large villa for sale 16 years old, we have owned it for nearly 9 years. We are not in an urbanisation but a small residential, mains electricity, water, sewage, are all in my husbands name. We have a mortgage with the bank we have been told by our estate agents we need a Habitation Certificate so we can sell the property. Is this correct? We have done substantial work to the inside of our villa, new kitchen, bathrooms, etc., as this was internal work and didn't affect the outside of our property we were told at the time we didn't need permissions for this work, is that correct? We are non residents, living here part of the year and domiciled for tax purposes in the UK. If so how do we go about putting everything in place before we get any potential buyers. Many Thanks, Janet...

05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Dear Janet,

Welcome to the belegal forum.

In order to have exact knwoledge of the Habitation certificate requirements, you can approach the town hall and ask them to inform you on their specific requirements for the Habitation certificate or first Ocupation licence application. One of the main requirements will be the Arquitect´s report that confirms that villa can be inhabited and that it complies with all the legal requirements.

This is absolutely necessary so we advise you to contact an architect you trust at the earliest so he/she can process the First Occupation licence in accordance with the legal requirements established by the corresponding Town Hall.