PDA

View Full Version : non paying tenant

Unregistered
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
My tenant is refusing to pay rent as she says the property is not in the same condition as when she took it. Since starting her contract a number of problems have arisen. She told me about a problem and said she wanted to leave because of this. I said she could but then she said she wanted to stay. I had the problem fixed but she still didnt pay. She then said she was going to move out again but she didnt. she then said there were more problems but still she hasnt paid me any rent. I told her I wanted to end the contract because she hasnt paid. She said she would move out but still she hasnt and she says she wants me to pay her back the deposit plus compensation for her suffering. Yet ive had nothing from her. I am paying her water and electric bills which are really high and she hasnt paid me back for any of them. I cant afford to keep doing this and I just want her out but cant wait a year for eviction. what can i do???

Patricia
04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello and welcome to the belegal forum,

You have not indicated the type of problems your tenant has been claiming should be fixed, though in the event that these problems existed when she started the tenancy, she should have agreed with you a calendar of repairs and the possible compensation and/or discount on the rental fee for the same. If this was not agreed, and she started her tenancy with full knowledge of the problems, she is in the obligation to pay full rent and supplies from the first day of her tenancy, regardless of subsequent repairs to be done on the property.
Please read the following article that outlines the steps to be followed and aspects to be taken into consideration when you need to start an eviction process:
http://belegal.com/articles/showArticle/spain-tenant-not-paying-rent-spanish-property

Regards,