PDA

View Full Version : modelo 210 ?

sallyd
02-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Information regarding selling a property and moving to uk .

andrew.sharp
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Hello Sally

As far as I can see you shouldn't have a tax bill at all in Spain.

Rolling over your Capital Gainx Tax
The law in Spain states that if you reinvest the funds gained from the sale of a property in another property investment you are not liable to pay capital gains tax at all, and moreover this ruling does not state that this must be done in Spain. (grey area)

Having said this you should bear in mind that the taxes of the sale of the property must still be paid to the local town hall.

Income Tax

This need only be presented and paid ONLY in the country that you are resident in. This means that if you are not a resident in Spain you need not present this in Spain. However this must be demonstrated with documentation.

End of validity for CGT bill

If after 4 years and 1 month you have not been presented with a tax bill for unpaid CGT and have therefore not paid this, it will expire.

To the best of my knowledge the above information is correct, HOWEVER your situation may not be as simple as I have understood it to be and I think it best that you seek professional advice from someone who can check current records in Spain and confirm exactly what is, or is not, outstanding against your name.