View Full Version : Can my friend marry in Spain being illegally here?

01-26-2011, 11:18 PM
i have a good friend who wants to know if she can marry in spain although she is illegally and not registered in spain, her boyfriend is a German and lives in germany . is that possible for her. if so what are the required documents. i will appreciate your advise.

04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
i have the same situation as your friend... im here illegally and have a belgian boyfriend who is in belgian right now... anyone can help us?

07-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Theoretically this is possible; however you are going to encounter many difficulties. In any case the EU member ( your partners) will need to be resident in the town you plan to marry in. Also ask your partners to check with the civil registry and / or church, as the requirements could vary slightly.

07-19-2011, 10:39 AM
i am illegal and my boyfriend is a resident here, is having a buisness or permanent job or a property a vital requirements for my boyfriend to marry me or it doesnt matter as long as he is an EU national and residing in spain!?

07-19-2011, 12:28 PM

As long as your future husband is a EU national and resident in Spain, you will be able to request your residence permit based on his. It is not necessary to prove that he is currently working.

02-28-2013, 09:50 AM
hi mart,

i really need your advice. im an aupair, and i have a belgian bf and we are already 1yr and 1/2 with our relationship, we suppose to do wettelijk samenwonen before my contract ends which is APRIL 2013, but we change plan, because he dont want me to work in black but i need to save money to be able to go to school (nursing degree) so my diploma will be equivalent here.

then we plan not to so the samenwonen and wait for a year to get married, so i can save money while im working in black. will it be possible for us to marry? even i will be illegal? because my residence Id is only valid till April 2013.

hope you can help us with our situation.

07-17-2013, 02:07 PM
hi, im british but i now live in spain and have a residency here, my boyfriend has overstayed his visa (hes from south america) would it be possible for us to marry here instead of going back to his country and waiting even longer there?

08-27-2013, 02:44 PM

Yes, it is possible.

Please read this article that provides very useful information for your case:

Getting Married In Spain: General Overview and Legal Issues For Foreigners In Irregular Situation (http://belegal.com/wordpress/getting-married-in-spain-general-overview-and-legal-issues-for-foreigners-in-irregular-situation/)