PDA

View Full Version : What should we do about this??

sweepmama
12-25-2010, 09:27 PM
My brothers and I were notified by a cousin in Spain that one of our aunts has passed. She tells us that my 3 brothers and I are 4 of 8 that are heirs to her estate worth $80,000. We live in the US. One of the heirs is my aunt who lives in Switzerland. My uncle wants us to draw up papers saying that we are giving him our shares of the estate so that he can get the paperwork done quickly and the taxes paid and then he will give everyone their share. He did email me a copy of her finances and a copy of the notorized statement from the aunt in Switzerland giving up her right to the uncle. Is this normal? What if we did do this and he keeps it all to himself? To be honest, we have not seen these relatives since we were very small children and do not speak spanish. Please tell us what we should do. Thanks in advance.

lawbird
12-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Query responded privately.

sweepmama
12-29-2010, 05:12 AM
My brothers and I thank you for your quick response. I am hoping that we can use your firm to settle this. Can you give us more info as to what we need to do??

lawbird
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,

Please follow the instructions in the email and we can formalize the engagement of services.

Kind regards,