PDA

View Full Version : Non eu divorce to british nationa living in spain

padongs81
11-10-2010, 07:35 PM
hello somebody can explain divorce law in spain.

i am non eu civil partner to british national for more than 3 years we lived together in spain for a year since we separated for more than 2 years i was not working in spain and i am flying in and out to uk and spain as i have new relationship in the uk . and applying divorce or dissulotion in the uk cause we got married in the uk with my ex partner . concern is.

1. Will my residence still valid when my dissulotion came through?
2.Can apply uk fiance visa from uk embassy in madrid ?

Advice and explanation would be appreciate.

Pads

Marta
11-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Pads,

If you have been married for three years, one of which you have resided in Spain, then you will be able to maintain your residence in this country. You will need to inform the Spanish authorities as soon as your civil partnership dissolution comes through. You have six months in order to change the nature of your permit, from regimen comunitario to regimen general. Note that you will either need to become autonomo and set up your own business, become salaried or show that you have sufficient means to live on. In any case you must inform the Spanish authorities on time. This is very very important.

With regards to applying for a UK fiance visa from the UK, this is not possible. You first have to finalise the ties with your ex-parter, obtain your new permit (regimen general) or, either marry or register as a civil partner in Spain or abroad and reapply for your permiso de residencia comunitario.

Marta
11-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Oops, sorry! I misread the last part of your query. Unfortunately we cannot advise you with regards to British immigration laws. You would need to check with the British Consulate as the UK is not part of the Schengen area.

padongs81
01-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello

So when my dissulotion come through and finalize from the uk i should apply for Regimen General even if my residencia will expired on 2014?

And I am also from the Philippines after having residence for two years. Do i am allowed to apply for Nationality? and also i have paid visa laboral or Social Security for 2 months only?

Thanks..

Anne Saxton
09-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Having divorce in Spain is really straightforward process and it is dependent on both the parties if agreed to have divorce and after the divorce they can remarry legally and your residence will remain in Spain because six month is the basic period if you had that you are then a residence of that country other things about the divorce are then legally done by your divorce lawyer . . .