PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Citizenship thru marriage but not staying in Spain

Pkn00909
10-15-2010, 07:57 PM
I am Indian married to a Spanish for last 6 years but have never stayed in Spain for more than 1 month at a time. Can I apply for spanish citizenship or I will have to reside in spain for certain period

Marta
10-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Hello,

In order to request Spanish ctizenship in your circumstances, you will need to reside in Spain for at least one year previous to the citizenship application.

IJMadrid
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi Marta,
I am married to a Spanish citizen, and have lived in Spain for about a year on and off as we have been travelling in europe.
what proof do i need to show i have lived in spain?
i have been registered in my pueblo since i arrived, is this enough?

thanks

paulnguyen
11-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Hello,

In order to request Spanish ctizenship in your circumstances, you will need to reside in Spain for at least one year previous to the citizenship application.

Hi Marta,

I am a US citizen and I am married to a Spanish citizen. We have the family book when we got married in Spain. But we never stay in Spain for one full year sinc we got married. We are living in California because we have jobs here. I will reside in Spain next year for 1 full year in order to apply for the citizenship application. Does my husband needs to also live in Spain as well? M husband (Spanish citizen) will stay in California in order to earn an income for us. Also, what paperwork do I need to bring to Spain so that I can apply for the residency card?

I look forward to hear from you. Also, any recommendation where I can find a immigration lawyer that speaks English? I am willing to pay for legal services.

Thank you,