PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Advocados

Paul
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Dear Sir My question is rather simple: does the firm " Puerto Advocados" exist as a legal and recogniced advocate firm of Madrid. The reason I ask this question is that a friend of mine has been contacted suddenly by this firm, which claims that he has inherited a sum of money from a relative who lived and died in Spain. My friend has never heard of this relative, but has convinced himself that this must be real. So far he has only lost araund 800 euro to some fees, but in the coming week he plans to visit Spain to claim his inheritance. Being somewhat more synical myself I contacted Puerto Advocados myself via email on the pretense that I may need their expertise in the near future and I therefore, for obvious safety reasons, would like to request the firms and the advocades (Carmelo Amaranto) registration number within the spanish legal system. This because I intended to use belegal.com`s servive to check if this firm exist at all. It is now a week ago that I mailed them twice with a couple of days between, but I still have not had any responce. If you are able to answer my question shortly I will be most gratefull. Sincerely Yours

ifv
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Paul

I have never heard of this law firm, nor there is a lawyer called Carmelo Amaranto. Their modus operandi points in the direction of it being a scam.

I recommend that you forward your friend this link:

http://belegal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1460

kind regards

Paul
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Thank you for your swift responce on my last query.

There has been a more serious development in my beforementioned friends inheritance case, which forces me to inconvinience you with yet another question as to the existence of a firm; this time a firm called "Trasterio Safe Keeping Company".

This company has resently contacted my friend via email and presented him with a very impressive loking dokument which claims that he is indeed the heir to his late relative and they are keeping his inheritance in a vault for safekeeping, and will he please present himself at the company`s office in Sevilla on the 29th of Juli, so they can hand over his legacy provided he beforehand payes the fees for safekeeping his inheritance since his late relatives death in the sunami of 2004, namely 7000,-Euro.

The firms homepage on the internet looks very convincing as did the Puerto Advocados of my last query, but I am still very worried for my friend concerning this.

If you are able to answer my question shortly I will yet again be most gratefull.

ifv
07-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Paul

Please note that this is a scam, no matter what documents your friend is presented with.

I believe trasterioskc.com is the website your are mentioning. I have conducted a search and this is what I've found:

trasterioskc.com
Registrant:
ONO WIRE
Dr barrake 31
Dr barrake 31
MADRID, NA
ES
Domain name: TRASTERIOSKC.COM

Administrative Contact:
WIRE, ONO onowire@yahoo.es
Dr barrake 31
Dr barrake 31
MADRID, NA
ES
+34.616870216
Technical Contact:
Admin, Domain DomainSupport@homestead-inc.com
3425 EDISON WAY
MENLO PARK, CA 94025
US
+1.8007972958 Fax: +1.6503647329

Registration Service Provider:
Homestead Technologies, Inc, hostmaster@homesteadsupport.com
800-797-2958
650-364-7329 (fax)
http://www.homestead.com

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 04-Feb-2010.
Record expires on 21-Jan-2011.
Record created on 21-Jan-2010.
Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://tucowsdomains.com
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM
NS2.MDNSSERVICE.COM
NS3.MDNSSERVICE.COM

If you note the creation date, it is a few months ago. But most important, look at the Administrative Contact. You will also find it here - http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=49615 .

Regards

BBB
08-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Any update on this case? I recived similar letter from same person, going by name Carmelo Amaranto. Also about some unknown family member who died in tsunami and that i could inherit large sum of money. At first i have been very sceptical and asked him for some sort of proof, which he provided after a week or so. He send very convincing documents with seals and what not, it looks legit. Than this site trasterioskc.com and document about vault from them, also site puertoadvocados.com It all seems so legit so it is hard not to believe that it might be real and maybe i just got really lucky...
Unfortunatelly i only found this forum today after sending his some information(Full name, marital status, age, phone number) and passport scan via email, which he didn't ask for but i made mistake sending him anyways. Shame since i have been considering and checking it out for over a month and talking to him and all, and only after sending him those informations i find this. Only bad thing in all of this is passport scan, so if you attorneys can give a tip or two what and IF i should do something about it all or let it go and just ignore him from now on.

If those sites are fake as you guys say than shame on police for not doing something about it, i mean it is really hard not to fall for it.
Good thing in all of this is that i didn't give any money, he didn't even ask, probably because i was sceptical from first second, but that doesn't mean he wasn't going to ask in the future.

I would appreciate if someone can feel me up with some info about all of this and if i should do something about it all, like report it to police.

BBB
08-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I am going to report this to police where i live and then they can contact Spanish police and hopefully bust these crooks.
Glad i found this forum.

Flugel
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi

Just recieved a simular letter . from another lawyer Calvino Suarez, but the same law firm - Poerto Advocados.

The letter tells about a person with a simular lastname as yours and that he and his family was killed in the tsunami 2004 - they can't find anay relatives and now the Safe keeping firm needs someone who can claim the money..

Everything looks ok, except from the "Google" translation - If you recieve a letter like this the use of words will reveal the scam.

When I looked up the domain this information popped up: (se any similarities)

Registrant:
ONO WIRE
Dr barrake 31
Dr barrake 31
MADRID, NA
ES

Domain name: PUERTOADVOCADOS.COM

Administrative Contact:
WIRE, ONO
Dr barrake 31
Dr barrake 31
MADRID, NA
ES
+1.34616870216x2246 Fax: +1.0034616870216

Technical Contact:
Admin, Domain
3425 EDISON WAY
MENLO PARK, CA 94025
US
+1.8007972958 Fax: +1.6503647329

Registration Service Provider:
Intuit Websites,
1-800-428-3170
http://www.intuit.com

Please do not reply to the letter - you are not that lucky!!!

Unregistered
09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Received a letter from Amaranto Carmelo, claiming I could be presented as the true next of kin to a certain person that deposited a One Trunk Box containing USD 8.8M. The letter was posted in Ibiza. Comparing the address the street number in the letter is different than the one on the website. The letter is a color copy. I will report to the local police, hope they will take an interest. Any other places you can report to? And anyone has a clue of how they select people/targets?

TIA

Catbjo
10-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Me too, was contactec by Carmelo Amaranto regarding an inheritage from a man with my last name. However, me and my mother are the only ones in the world with this name, after my father and brother died. Of course Carmelo didn't know that. Big mistake. I also will contact the police.

Unregistered
03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi guys!
I live in Sweden and I also received a letter about inheriting a large amount of money. This guy calls himself "Ruben Santino" from "Puerto Legal", and the story about the tsunami is the same...
I did not answer the letter or send him any information about myself and I hope people check out this thread before doing anything stupid because this is nothing but a BIG SCAM!

Best regards!