PDA

View Full Version : Is a paper I signed for our Tecnico for a licence legally binding?

Unregistered
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
can anyone advise if a paper I signed for our Tecnico in respect of an application for a licence is legally binding.

He was submitting a project for a carport and said we needed to sign this paper and it was just for saying if water or elec needed we would pay. I know it was stupid without a translation but this company built house and always been straight.

Anyway now townhall saying will issue licence if we comply with several conditions once of which is infrastructure for urbanisation. We do not live on an urbanisation but assume talking about lights etc for road. This would need to be placed on land registry. Our concern is no amount or date mentioned when it would need to be paid.

Can they legally do this?

Regards
Concerned.

Lawbird Lawyer
06-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Dear Sir or Madam,

Legally an owner has to contribute to the expenses of urbanising the surroundings, yes. Such as installing sewage pipeline, paving roads, electrical lay out etc.

The logic behind this is that all these works will add great value to your property. You have to contribute legally in proportion to your land.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered
06-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Dear Sir or Madam,

Legally an owner has to contribute to the expenses of urbanising the surroundings, yes. Such as installing sewage pipeline, paving roads, electrical lay out etc.

The logic behind this is that all these works will add great value to your property. You have to contribute legally in proportion to your land.

Yours faithfully,

I understand what you are saying, but can you clarify this.

NO one else appears to have been requested monies, or to have this provision on thier title deed. So I believe that this would not have happend if our Tecnico had not asked us to sign and sent in with our application. Several neighbours have submitted requests for licences or projects and none have received this condition.

Also surely it can not be requested when you have no idea of how much or when the money will be requested, it is like signing a blank cheque.

However my main question is, is the paper we signed without it being notarised a legal document.

Thanking you in advance

Lawbird Lawyer
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Dear Sir,

I would need to examine a copy of what you've signed. I cannot advise further.

You can contact us (http://www.lawbird.com/services/contact) privately.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered
06-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Dear SIr

Thank you for your reply. at present the letter is with our new architect with all the paperwork for the carport.

If I need to I will contact you with regards to emailing or faxing the copy.

Regards

Lawbird Lawyer
06-25-2010, 05:56 PM
You are welcome.