View Full Version : Will I be allowed to enter Spain for Family reunification?

05-07-2010, 12:57 AM
I live in Dominican rep. and my wife to be is A resident of Spain we're looking to know if we can get married by proxy, her being in Spain and me being in Dominican Republic, you know this way we save the would be air fare for other needs. What is required and what are the procedures to follow where do we petition to begin with?
Again I am citizen of the Dominican Republic and she's a permanent legal resident of Spain.
Thank you for all if not all your help on this issue..

05-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Deported from the USA to my native country, Dominican Rep., but i want to know if i can apply for visa to live in Spain, will I be allowed to enter Spain for Family reunification? I am looking to join my wife in SPAIN and start a new life... Things didn't go positive for me in USA
Help me on the what to expect, in applying for my entry to SPAIN, being married to Legal Spain permanent resident.

05-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Providing you have clean police records in your home country, and you comply with the requirements for the specific permit you choose, you will be able to opt for family reunification. If your wife is a non EU citizen she will have needed to have been in Spain legally for a year before you can request it.

With regards to your other query it is certainly possible to marry via proxy but this is not recommendable if you are going to be applying for a residence permit in Spain. The Spanish immigration authorities will probably not look too favorably on this. Nevertheless if you would still like to go ahead I would recomend that your wife engages the services of a local law firm.

05-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I want to ask you please how long does it take after i get married with my girlfriend who live in Spain for me to be able to join her?
I ma a citizen of Dominican Rep, and live in Dominican rep., we want to know whats the estimates amount of time it takes from day of marriage and we sub application for family regrouping, for me to be granted entry to Spain as a permanent resident ? What are the procedures to follow and where exactly do we apply for this ?
thank you for all your help...

09-24-2010, 01:12 PM

We would need to know what is her nationality and her status in Spain. If she is not an EU national, she will need to apply for family regrouping after one year of legal residence in Spain.

She can apply for family regrouping right away once you are married, depending on her status in Spain. There are various official documents needed for the application and some may vary depending on the province. The application must be submitted by the resident applicant at the corresponding Immigration office ( Oficina de Extranjeros ).


10-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Hola a todos, Soy de la Republica Dominicana! Necesito ayuda o Informacion correcta de mi situacion…
Aqui les cuento:
Mi novia y quien el proximo año sera mi esposa tiene pasaporte Holandes, vive en Holanda. Esta pensando vivir en España, pero por el embarazo tendra que mudarse el proximo año despues que de a luz. Si se va a vivir a España ¿Cuales son los requicitos y Que debe hacer para pedir la Reagrupacion Familiar en España? ¿Que tiempo se tarda el proceso? o si tememos otras obciones para harreglar mis papeles y vivir junto en españa?


10-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Hola, buen dia! I have some questions..
My girlfriend has dutch passport, is living in Holland, we are going to have a baby this year.
Next year we are planning to get merried. Im from Dominican Republic.
She wants to live in Spain, she will go next year, but then will have to do the Family Reunification there in Spain.
my questions are:
what are the requarement and what should she do to apply for the Family Reunificacion in Spain? Howlong will the procces take?

Muchicimas Gracias!!

10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Congratulations for your future baby & marriage!:)
In which country are you getting married?

11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
she will give birth in holland.. thank you!!

11-18-2010, 01:08 PM

I suggest you get married or register as common law relationship as soon as possible. Once this is done you will need to request a family member of an EU citizen visa in order to come to Spain. Once you are in Spain and your partner is legally resident in Spain, you can request your ‘tarjeta de residencia de familiar comunitario’.