PDA

View Full Version : Social benifits for a pregnent women

Unregistered
04-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Dear all,
I am living here in Spain since last three years and now going to apply for Arraigo de social. I am also pregnent and want to get all the state benifits for my child. I have three more months for delivery and want to get residence permit soon with the help of Arraigo de social. I don't have work contract , can i also show some amount into my account as an alternative of work contract as i have heared? Can i be previleged cause of my pregnency to get a residence permit faster than normal? Am i eligibal for state benifits after three years period or i have to wait for my residence permit through Arraigo de Social?

I really need you help on this critical situation and will be very thankful to you for a quick response.

Patricia
09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Hello,

First of all, our apologies for not responding earlier to this query, as we understand the baby is already born and you have found the answers to your queries. However, and as information for other women in your situation, here is my reply.

In order to get the maternity/child benefits in Spain, you need to have been inscribed at the social security and paid your contributions as a worker for at least 180 days in the last five years prior to the birth of your child. As you have been in an irregular situation we assume you have not been working in those 5 years through a work contract and not inscribed at the Social Security Institute. Therefore, and initially, you would able to apply for the family benefit ( Ayuda familiar ) or other specific benefits due to your particular situation, but not the child benefit. The fact of being pregnant does not cause any privileges at the time of the residence permit resolution, though the fact of having a child in Spain helps a lot in order to get the residency. It would be very important to know your particular situation ( marital status, nationality, nationality of your partner, etc.. ) in order to provide with more accurate information.

Regards,

Unregistered
01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
can an illegal immigrant apply for social security and pay contributions if he wishes?

Marta
01-31-2011, 02:04 PM
No, this is not possible. This person will need to be in possession of a residence permit in order to do so.

Unregistered
12-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi,

I have a resident card here in spain and have paid social security for 9 months but my parner is illigal and she is pregnant. Can I apply for the benefits and what is the process in registering our baby if the mother is undocumented.

Thank you

Patricia
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Hello,

In the first place you should register the baby at the Civil Registry and get the corresponding Libro de Familia. You will also need to get a passport for the baby at the Consulate of your country in Spain. May I know your nationalities and what type of benefits you are enquiring about?

Regards,

Unregistered
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi,

When registering the new born baby of an undocumented mother in the civil registry what are the documents needed to be presented given the monther has no proper document here in Spain. Will it not be risky to go to the civil registry for the mother to register the baby.

Thank you so much

Patricia
03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Hello,

The hospital will issue a birth notification and other related documents that the baby´s mother will need to take to the Civil registry. With those documents and her passport, she will be able to register the baby and obtain a Libro de Familia. However, the Civil Registry will remind her that the baby needs to be registered at the consulate of her country of origin, as the baby´s nationality is his/her mother´s for most nationalities, though there are countries that will not grant their nationality for children born out of those countries, so I recommend you to make sure that the baby´s mother´s nationality is immediately granted to the child according to their national Law. Also please note that if the child´s father is a Spanish citizen, the child can obtain the Spanish nationality.

In any case, the baby must be registered as it will be useful for his future passport and/or residence permit application.

Regards,