PDA

View Full Version : Injured 3rd Party in Road Traffic Accident

WayneRooneysRightFoot
04-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Hello all,

Im new to this forum, I am from Ireland. I injured myself on holiday on 6th May 2009 when a car in which I was a front seat passenger failed to give way to the right and we crashed into another car. I sustained to comestic injury but injured my back and shoulders and was taken to the hospital where I was diagnosed with whiplash. I was given pain killers an discharged.

I got back to Ireland and the pain continued and I have seen my doctor a number of times, they say the pain should eventually subside but I have been referred to a physiotherapist.

As a Quantity Surveyor I spend alot of the time in front of a computer which seems to aggrevate the condition. It is also affected me when I play golf or when I play cards. I fear having to live with the condition for a long time and for these reasons have decided to proceed with a claim for compensation.

Before I see my solicitor next week I would like to know what experts on here think my chances of successful claim for compensation off the insurance company are as the fees for even consultation are incredibly high. Also, is it possible that the Insurance company of driver of the vehicle I was in (who has admitted full responsibility for the accident) will reimburse me for legal expenses.

Thanks for your time and in advance for any comments or advise.