View Full Version : lesbian couple, one EU one US

03-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I am American living in Spain and my girlfriend is from UK. We are both independent contractors working with clients outside of Spain and we've been here for over a year. I leave Spain occasionally for business and never have problems at the border, even when my 3-month visa has expired. Is it possible for me to get a residence card? Is it possible for me to get a part time job here? What are my options?

03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Sharon

You will only be able to apply for a work and residence permit within Spain, if you can prove that you have been residing in this country for at least three years (permiso de residencia por arraigo) or via marriage to a European citizen.

The rest of the work and residence permits will need to be requested from abroad.

03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Thank you so much, Marta.